Forums

Ceramic coating

Ceramic coating

What do you guys think about doing ceramic coating on my x

PedanticOne | 19. Januar 2017

You mean like Opticoat Pro? I have always used Zaino (a show polish), which is awesome, but it sounds like these new ceramic coatings last way longer and are a bit more durable. So I think I'm going to have it done when I get my car.

But I think that's as far as I'll take it. I won't likely do XPel or the like except on the seat backs to protect them from the little man, et. al.

Triggerplz | 20. Januar 2017

You can't go wrong with either Ceramic or Opticoat pro but I believe the Opticoat pro "Plus" will last longer.. good luck

Triggerplz | 20. Januar 2017

BTW. I have Xpel and Opticoat Pro Plus on mine

javirosariomd | 20. Januar 2017

I have xpel on front parts then a coating from tacsystem.. i think it's awesome the MX is very easy to clean and lasts longer looking clean too

Errol_martinez | 21. Januar 2017

Looks wonderful glad I had it done

Triggerplz | 21. Januar 2017

@Errol post some pictures :)

jRoGville | 22. Januar 2017

Triggerplz, why did you choose to do both?

PedanticOne | 22. Januar 2017

Because he's from the Department of Redundancy Department.

(and.... probably because just the ceramic coating won't protect from stone chips as well as the XPEL).

Triggerplz | 22. Januar 2017

Xpel protects from stone chips etc and Opticoat protects the paint so both are needed, also Opticoat is great on the wheels, I've found that some people will just get Opticoat or Ceramic but most people that get Xpel will still get either Opticoat or Ceramic

I will only be going for Opticoat Pro Plus IIe special edition PRO/30. Rocks be damned!

No Xpel at all? If you just get your seat backs Xpel it would provide needed protection they scratch up easily .. It provides protection for me plus personally I don't like that shiney look

lilbean | 22. Januar 2017

T, did you Opticoat over the paint or over the xpel?

inconel | 22. Januar 2017

Xpel for front hood and bumper against rock chips, and optionally for back seats against scratches. Opticoat on remaining of outside of car for ease of cleaning and a (little) deeper shine.

@lilbean I didn't watch them when it was being done so I'm not absolutely sure but I think the Xpel was put on first, BTW there was a discussion on a thread months ago on which goes on first.. This is them laying the Xpel out and I kinda think the Opticoat was applied afterwards but I'm not 100% sure...https://imgur.com/a/ToBJK

@Inconel + 1

lilbean | 22. Januar 2017

Yeah. I think most people Opticoat on top of the expel. Of course thee is the xpel sandwich: Opticoat, xpel, then Opticoat. :)

They did prep the car very well before they did anything so that prep could almost make it count as a 3 way :-)

@lilbean Or a thee way :-)

How does Opticoat compare with Crystal Serum?

Yes, I will get the seat backs done. I neglected to mention that. I think that's a must.

@jRogville sorry but I'm not too familiar with Crystal serum

Sounds like something you drink or smoke.

inconel | 22. Januar 2017

or inject?

Gtechniq Crystal Serum

http://usa.gtechniq.com