Forums

spotify in console

spotify in console

Did anyone integrated Spotify in center console?

bp | 30. März 2017

Unless Tesla adds it as a new console app (in the media player), Spotify and other media apps (like Audible) can only be played via smartphone Bluetooth.

chrsvarma | 30. März 2017

bp- that is what i thought initially, but later i got confused by seeing below article

https://support.spotify.com/is/listen_everywhere/in_the_car/tesla/

carlk | 30. März 2017

Many rumors about Spotify in Tesla US, it's already available in Europe, but so far it has not happened yet.

tesla | 30. März 2017

Lack of Spotify is kind of a bummer, especially when you are already paying for it, and in theory could just enter your account information into the Tesla, or Oauth the Tesla app to your account.

Boonedocks | 30. März 2017

I am paying for Slacker Premium and get all the features in my Tesla. Has anyone ACTUALLY used BOTH Slacker and Spotify paid accounts to know if there is any major differences.

ie. I am able to play full albums, make playlists, favorites, etc etc with Slacker at $9.99 a month.

What more will Spotify do for $12.99 a month that Slacker will not?

tesla | 30. März 2017

For me personally, We have 6 people on the account for $16 a month, I'm not sure if I can get the same deal with slacker.

I am also a huge fan of spotify's interface, and they have an app on my marantz receiver (which slacker does not)

Apple music also offers the same deal as spotify in terms of users/$, but I just like the spotify interface much better, and I've found they have better AI algo's to predict which songs I will like.

Boonedocks | 30. März 2017

That is a sweet deal too. My wife has a Spotify account and I have the premium Slacker for the car. Having a family plan in the US for 5 users is only $14.99 a month. That will save us almost $7 a month if Tesla ever allows Spotify for!!!!!

brianosaurus | 30. März 2017

Slacker has Taylor Swift. Spotify doesn't.

I've had a paid Spotify account for a few years now, but I'm thinking of switching to pay for Slacker instead, because of my Tesla.

NKYTA | 30. März 2017

"Slacker has Taylor Swift. Spotify doesn't."

Clearly we know which Jordan Speith wants - does he have a Tesla yet? :-)

tesla | 30. März 2017

"Slacker has Taylor Swift. Spotify doesn't."

Spotify not allowing you to listen to Taylor Swift is actually a feature. :)

avesraggiana | 30. März 2017

So, Tesla comes with Slacker Radio? I’m not sure if I heard the young lady - owner adviser at the showroom correctly.

TeslaTap.com | 30. März 2017

@avesraggiana - Tesla uses Slacker in North America, Spotify everywhere else. No change has been made in 8.1 either.

BeamMe | 30. März 2017

@jeff +1

carlk | 30. März 2017

Yes Tesla comes with free Slacker Radio. Rumor was there will be $4 a month Spotify subscription for in car use only. By most accounts Spotify that started it all is still the best music streaming service out there and far superior than Slacker.

BeamMe | 30. März 2017

I wonder: Can you can't use Spotlify in the Tesla browser? And what makes Spotify better than Slacker. The latter seems to have most any song I throw at it,.

carlk | 30. März 2017

Spotify has better songs depth. It also got better streaming quality (320kbps) and allows users to integrate their own files and create playlists.

TeslaTap.com | 30. März 2017

@BeamMe - Both audio and video are not supported in the browser. From what I can tell, the browser was not updated in 8.1, but it does seem faster - perhaps the underlying data transfer speed was improved and/or a new Linux kernel is helping.

BeamMe | 30. März 2017

@TeslaTap Thanks!

StatsApp | 30. März 2017

I think the problem is that Spotify browser player requires flash and Tesla browser does not support flash.

carlk | 30. März 2017

But Spotify is in European Tesla already.

zhangde.jerry | 17. Januar 2019

In order to play Spotify songs on Tesla with center console, I usually download Spotify songs on my computer and convert Spotify playlist to MP3 with the best Spotify music converter for Windows. Then I can transfer these MP3 format Spotify music to USB drive and play them on my car with center console. For more details: https://www.audfree.com/spotify-music-converter-win/

johncena143357 | 02. März 2019

Spotify Premium is no doubt the best for all type of the users and purchasing the Spotify Premium every year will not be a good thing so now you can download the Spotify Premium Apk from here https://iamapk.com/spotify-premium-apk/

Annie12Junne | 14. März 2019

There are two ways for you to use Spotify music on console, one is to subscribe Spotify Premium with $9.99 per month, the other is to use DRmare Spotify Music Converter from https://www.drmare.com to convert Spotify files to MP3 and then transfer them to console for playback.
Which one to choose depends on your detailed situation? Have fun with Spotify and console playing games.

jordanrichard | 15. März 2019

Bump, to get ahead of the spam

dashihehou | 12. August 2019

Why it's the spam?@jordanrichard, it's another way to enjoy Spotify playlist without DRM, we can put move converted Spotify playlist to mobile device or players in original quality.
https://www.eelphone.com/solution/download-spotify-playlist-to-mp3.html