Forums

Standard model manual side mirrors?

Standard model manual side mirrors?

The premium package includes:

"12-way, power adjustable front seats, steering column and side mirrors, with custom driver profiles"

I am interpreting this to mean that the standard car has manual side mirrors. Surely this cannot be so? I think the last car I had with manually adjustable side mirrors was a nissan sentra from the early 90's (since then all I have driven are the pedestrian Japanese brands--nothing luxury).

theapproach | 01. August 2017

I think it is saying that the mirror positions are manually set electronically(one setting for all drivers).

ReD eXiLe ms us | 01. August 2017

Tesla didn't want to have exterior mirrors on their cars... at all. Take a closer look at the Model ☰ sketches by Franz Von Holzhausen. If Elon Musk had his way, the mirrors would all be GONE.

carlk | 01. August 2017

Lol manually adjusted side mirrors. What are you thinking?

Shock | 01. August 2017

"Lol manually adjusted side mirrors. What are you thinking?"

They went with manually adjusted seats.

lilbean | 01. August 2017

What? What about no mirrors, HUD, no steering wheel, etc. LOL! My popcorn was delicious the whole time.

Xerogas | 01. August 2017

"12-way, power adjustable front seats, steering column and side mirrors, with custom driver profiles"

You could also interpret this to mean that the steering column and side mirrors are not available in the base model. Let's not go crazy, folks.

But for now, until we get official information, let's all just assume they mean you can't program custom driver profiles to automatically adjust the motorized mirrors. I guarantee you can electrically adjust the side mirrors via the touchscreen, even on the base model. You just may not be able to select a driver profile.

borne.by.wind | 02. August 2017

From what I recall, the press kit says power mirrors on the standard version. Heated front seats too.

Shock | 02. August 2017

^^^ yeah weird how the standard seats are heated but only 6 way adjustable manual.

I get a kick out of some of you guys acting incredulous that I had the gall to ask and yet this hyper-advanced $35k car coming with manual seats doesn't seem to phase you.

akgolf | 02. August 2017

My over $30K Leaf has power mirrors and manually adjusted seats.

I'm actually surprised they included power seats with profiles in the premium version. Making that package look really good.

reed_lewis | 02. August 2017

The Chevy Volt does not have power seats because of the additional weight of the motors.

dsvick | 02. August 2017

The press kit is here: https://www.tesla.com/presskit

The mirrors without the PUP are power adjustable.

dsvick | 02. August 2017

@shock - "... this hyper-advanced $35k car coming with manual seats doesn't seem to phase you."

I think that is your first mistake, if you want hyper-advanced you should be looking at either the Model S or X. You let your expectations get away and now your upset, this is how the HUD thing started and ended.

dyefrog | 02. August 2017

I don't think the bolt does either. Standard power seats that is.