Forums

Not quite clear on Ludicrous...

Not quite clear on Ludicrous...

For you Model S/X owners out there....do you have Ludicrous? How does that work? My understanding is that you have to enable Ludicrous Mode from the touchscreen (true?). For a model S P100D, Tesla lists the 0-60 time as 2.5 seconds (!), and I assume that is with Ludicrous (and up until now, launch mode, right?) enabled -- but what about if Ludicrous Mode is not enabled? In that case, is the 0-60 time the same as the 100D (listed as 4.1 seconds, still pretty darn quick)? I can't seem to find any info anywhere that explains exactly what to expect from Ludicrous and launch mode, vs. not enabling either.

carlk | 31. August 2017

First you have to have a Ludicrous model. That would be P85D or P90D PLUS you have paid the ($10,000) ludicrous option or P100D where ludicrous is included in the base price. On those models you can turn Ludicrous mode off for a milder acceleration or on when you want the strongest acceleration. My guess is even with L mode off it will still be quicker than non-P 100D but that's pretty academic. There is no reason to turn that off unless perhaps in valet mode or your teenager is driving the car. Even with L on the acceleration and pedal control is very smooth. Most people will not have an issue to control the car whether you will use that super acceleration or not.