Forums

Referral program dissappointments

Referral program dissappointments

Anyone know who I can contact about the referral program?

I have a couple of friends who may be purchasing a Tesla car, and a family member looking to get Solar Panels, and the referral link I was assigned NO LONGER WORKS.

The referral link WAS WORKING until a change was made on the order for my model S.

I contacted the OA, DS, the 877 customer service #, and no one could help.

I submitted a contact form from Tesla.com, they replied by telling me to email referralprogram@tesla.com
I did that a week ago, but no one responded.

Very frustrating experience.

SCCRENDO | 07. Dezember 2017

I had not received an email regarding a referral more than 2 weeks after the car was delivered and so I sent an email to that email address. My email happened to arrive a few days later. About a week later I got a reply from the referral program email address stating that I had received my referral email with an apology that they they were switching to a new email system.. I think they are slow and behind schedule. You could try directly contacting customer service by phone and see if you can get a live person. The phone number on the email is 1-877-79-TESLA

reed_lewis | 07. Dezember 2017

The code is listed on your 'my tesla' page. Is that the one that is not working?

EVRider | 07. Dezember 2017

And what exactly do you mean by "not working"? Do you mean the referral link is not a valid URL?

richk | 07. Dezember 2017

I already called the 877 number and they referred me to the email address.
The referral link URL used to go to a "Rich's Tesla" page with links to the Tesla products. When you clicked on a link to the Model S or X, it would then say something like "With Rich's referral you can get unlimited supercharging".
NOW, that same URL bounces and redirects to the general support page for the referral program.

Yes, the "MyTesla" page for my account showed the referral URL, which WORKED. Now, it no longer appears on the "MyTesla" page, and the very same URL now bounces and redirects to a general support page.

As mentioned the referral link did get back to me eventually so you could give them another week or so. I guess the next step would be to try escalate this up. There is an option to chat on the account page. Perhaps talk to them and explain the problems and see if you could accelerate this up to a higher level. You don't say when you bought your car but it seems like they now don't recognize you as an owner. Perhaps try contact your DS again.

I've done the online chat, contacted the OA, DS (several times), the 877 number, the contact page, and finally the email address for the referral program. I ordered the car last month, waiting for delivery. It WAS working when I first placed the order & paid the deposit, then a change was made to the order within the first 3 days, and after that nothing worked. The DS said to give it some time, but that was 3 weeks ago, and I have friends & family that may want to get a car and possibly solar panels and I'm concerned my referral code won't work for them. I guess I'll just do another round of calls & emails, try to get in contact with someone in the IT department.

@richk. it seems like you may need to wait a few more weeks. It seems to be that they are likely overwhelmed and are behind but its probably worthwhile badgering them again. There are many douchebags offering their codes here but I guess you need a commitment that they will send you the gift. I already have gifts waiting on 2 referrals which would be the kiddie car and the HPWC both of which I want. Next up for me would be the wheels or a free week with a Tesla neither of which I particular care for. So I could probably lend you my code if you wanted either the wheels or the Tesla for a week.

richk | 08. Dezember 2017

Thanks for everyone for the feedback. The referral URL now works again. It had to be done by someone in the IT dept responsible for the website. They said it was an IT maintenance issue.

gj | 16. Januar 2018

This link should work
http://ts.la/gernot9482

SCCRENDO | 16. Januar 2018

@gj. You mean
http://ts.la/douchebag9482

Go out and earn your damn referrals rather than pimping your wares like a toothless hooker.

@richk
I received my kiddie car Friday. I am still waiting on someone who ordered 12/1/2017 to take delivery of their car. I need the HPWC to charge my Model 3. I am stretching the cable from my other HPWC or my NEMA across my Model S to charge my Model 3

lilbean | 16. Januar 2018

Congrats on the kiddie card @SCCRENDO. My kids love them. We got a red one and a midnight silver one.

My 22 month old granddaughter is still not sure how to coordinate steering. MY grandkids in Knoxville are jealous and I may need to order one to send them. I guess I should start posting my referral code.

http://ts.la/sccrendoisadouchebag9482

lilbean | 16. Januar 2018

@SCCRENDO Hahahahahaha! That is too funny!

lilbean | 17. Januar 2018

@SCCRENDO, Will the kiddie car fit in the Model 3 trunk?

SCCRENDO | 17. Januar 2018

I haven't tried it. I wish I could post pics but when I was charging at Oxnard on Sunday on my first Model 3 road trip parked next to me was a surfer in a Model S 100D and a roof rack with a kiddie car strapped to the roof rack. My Model 3 was a big hit at the supercharger.

Wish you could have stopped at Burbank on the way home. :) I know Burbank was out of the way though.

SCCRENDO | 17. Januar 2018

It was an option. Drove my daughter and my infant grandson to Agoura Hills for a baby shower. I then chose Oxnard as a place to try a supercharger with my Model 3, have lunch at the Lazy Dog while I waited to pick her up. I guess I could have just as easily chosen Burbank

That was nice of you to drive them. :)

ohreds77 | 05. Mai 2018

I have referral codes.... email me usacares101@gmail.com

lilbean | 05. Mai 2018

Yeah yeah yeah. We all have codes.

SCCRENDO | 05. Mai 2018

I have a hot body. Email me. Sccrendo.douchebag@gmail.com

SCCRENDO | 05. Mai 2018

Anybody got a heads up on the wall charger delivery. I have been waiting since Feb

lilbean | 05. Mai 2018

I’ve got a big code. Email me at douchnozzle@gmail.com

lilbean | 05. Mai 2018

Don’t forgot the “e” in douchenozzle.

nrvineyard | 12. Oktober 2018

I have been very frustrated with the referral program. I placed the order for the Radio Flyer in May of this year. I have not received any information on the process. When I called into support I was told that once the order is shipped to the local service center that I could then go pick up. On my second referral I was informed that I could not place the wall charger order until after the first order was completed. For reference I am way more interested in the wall charger than the kids car, but know some relatives that will not agree with my priorities.

Well, it's not October and still have not received any information. So with there being no contact number for the referral team I called the normal Tesla support number. I spoke to Muriah who after putting me on hold for 18 minutes and being very rude told me to email the referralprogram@tesla.com again to follow up from my email in May. I understand the issue of growing pains, but WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?!?!?

I would not get this poor service from BMW or Mercedes and know I spent more money than I would have with them.

lilbean | 23. Oktober 2018

Get the bounty. Bag spillage.

EVRider | 24. Oktober 2018

@nrvineyard: You’ve received referral awards from BMW and Mercedes? :-)

cynsbits | 29. Oktober 2018

A friend installed solar panels with my referral code. On June 29 I received an email from Tesla referral program to select my award, a check or a higher amount in Tesla credit. I opted for the Tesla credit since I had a Model 3 reserved and I knew I wanted to get the wall charger. I took delivery of my Model 3 on Sept 21 and I started looking into how to purchase the wall charger with the Tesla credit. Long story short, credit was never applied to my account, along with myself and several Tesla reps we have all sent an inquiring email to the referral program email regarding my Tesla credit and no one has received a response. It's so inconvenient not having a fast charging unit at home with my husband having a long commute to work. Every night he has to stop an hour away from home and spend 50-60 mins on a super charger in order to be able to use the Model 3 the next day. COME ON REFERRAL PROGRAM!!! At least acknowledge that you're looking into this issue. And I would like to change my selection to a check, please. We will have to buy the wall charger out of pocket because charging away from home is not working for us.

I had a friend install solar panels w/ my referral. I received the email to select a check for the referral or a higher amount in Tesla credit.