This is a wish list on how I would like to pick up my Model S. It would be a great PR for Tesla and a way to drive my car from the West Coast to the East Coast. With 4G I could send updates on the way with GPS tracking, photo, video and car reviews. Look at what BMW does with the factory delivery as a starting point. I’m sure Tesla could do better. To simply put it a factory delivery would be the best way to know the car from a perspective not seen by most owners.
Part 1 The Order
· Work with local sales staff to put the perfect Model S order into the system. What each option is and a computer mock-up of what it will look like from inside and out in the colors and finishes selected.
· Work with local staff to plan your trip to see your car at the factory. Flight, hotels and how to get home with your car. If you don’t want or can’t drive the car back home you can spend the week driving around California in your new car. Take it back to the factory for delivery to your local store.
Part 2 The Delivery
· Tesla will pick you up from the airport/train station in a Model S to hotel, next day from hotel to factory for daylong event.
· VIP tour of the factory to include the specific design, performance, technology and safety that went into the car. Interior and exterior design details and how and why it is designed that way.
· Meet and greet some of the design and factory staff
· Time to look/buy stuff from the gift shop
· Track time with professional driver on factory set-up course with a Model S. Gain knowledge of what this car is good at and how to take advantage of the skateboard low center of gravity design.
Part 3 The drive home
· Free loner of 300 mile range battery for trip to be swapped with battery type ordered at local store
· Battery swapping at Tesla stores along the way if possible
· With help from Tesla, have a route set up with charging stations at hotels and or restaurants along your route
· Back at your home Tesla store a complete inspection of the car with the battery swap