Submitted by lotusguynyc on 28. Mai 2013
Given the additional capital raise, I would ask that you try to bring the model X date in. From a sales perspective, with a second product, the X will help substantially help ramp up unit volumes. For Luxury car makers Porsche and Lexus, the SUV is their leading vehicle and it wouldn't surprise me if this happens with the model X as well. Most importantly, having the X for most of next year, can probably help ensure that you will double sales next year. It also reduces the risk of a slowdown in S sales. Obviously everyone on this board wants a great product. We saw a great product over a year ago, and my guess it was capital requirements which was responsible for the delay. If you can move that date back up, I think it will really help your customers and your shareholders.
At the very least, consider a standard program for a loaner S while one waits for their X.
I hope this helps, Thanks!