Forums

charging problem (?)

charging problem (?)

I have a new (for me) 2008 Roadster. Battery was down to 50 mile range. Plugged into 110 garage socket where it usually charges. (haven't had time to install bigger power feed, had knee surgery right after I got car). Okay but so tonight my wife's new hybrid was also charging on the same 110, both on the same power strip. This was not a smart decision. I thought I would just try it. Blew a fuse. Now Roadster is reading 14 mile range and won't take a charge. Charger just stays blue light on. Other car charging fine.

Any ideas? Thanks!

chris | 17. August 2018

Nevermind, I figured it out. After playing with different settings under charging I switched from standard to storage, and it all of a sudden came to life and started accepting the charge.

Also funny story since you read this far, brought my Roadster down to Denver Tesla dealership for annual "service", about an hour from my house. Still on crutches from surgery. Rolled into service lane, they acted like they had never seen one. I was like a celebrity. They kept it for a full week, of all their techs only one guy knew how to work on the Roadster. They were all very cool, nothing but positivity.

I love my new (for me) Roadster. You can't not smile.

NKYTA | 18. August 2018

Grin, indeed!! Nice post.

Listen to the docs and do your PT penance for the knee.

jennyhannb | 22. August 2018

@Chirs - happy wheels: After playing with different settings under charging I switched from standard to storage, and it all of a sudden came to life and started accepting the charge. -> I think so!

suhrs | 09. Oktober 2018

". . .both on the same power strip." ? ? ? ?