Forums

Is anyone's car still in version 8?

Is anyone's car still in version 8?

Hi all,

I have a Tesla Model S and I took delivery in December last year. I know the version 9 update has been out for 2 months now and my car is still in version 8. I remember of receiving a notification from my app told me that version 9 is available. However, that was the only thing I got. I live in an apartment so there's no Wifi coverage in my garage. I also tried to park my car out side of Tesla shop and connect to their Wifi and there's no sign of downloading or updating whatsoever. I called Tesla multiple times and even visited the store once and all they told me is to wait for update. Is anyone here has the same problem? Or does anyone know what should I do to get my car updated? It might not be a huge issue but it kinda bothers me.

Thanks,

Jerry

pete | 16. Dezember 2018

Mine is still in v8 too. I’ve been thinking about asking sc about this, but haven’t. It’s not that big deal for me I quess. But I think we should have the update by now, and there is probably some kind of glitch in the system causing the delay.

DanFoster1 | 16. Dezember 2018

My S has a glitch that has prevented the update to version 9, but my first gen autopilot hardware won’t benefit from 9, and I like the UI in 8 better so I’m not gonna ask Tesla to fix it.

DTsea | 17. Dezember 2018

mine is still in V8, because i keep refusing the update.