Forums

Steering wheel too low

Steering wheel too low

I have had my Tesla Model 3 for 2 weeks now and I love this vehicle. My biggest complaint though is that the steering wheel even at its highest point is too low. I am 6 feet tall and find that it is a real struggle to get into and out of this car. I wonder if there is someway that Tesla could physically raise the height of this steering wheel. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there some way you can get into and out of this vehicle more comfortably?

jamilworm | 04. Januar 2019

I thought there was a way to have the seats move to a preset position when you enter/exit, so you could have them move all the way back/down. But I don't know how to set that up. An alternate method would be to set up another driver profile that you switch to before exiting.

jpalermo | 04. Januar 2019

You're describing the "Easy Entry" profile. Should exist by default, just save it how you want it to be for getting in/out, then on your own profile you check "Use Easy Entry".

toothdr11 | 04. Januar 2019

I have the drivers seat set all of the way back and as low as it will go. I think Tesla needs to raise the steering wheel somehow.

toothdr11 | 04. Januar 2019

I have the drivers seat set all of the way back and as low as it will go. I think Tesla needs to raise the steering wheel somehow.

lbowroom | 04. Januar 2019

Weird, I'm 6'6" 240 and don't have the seat all the way back and have no trouble with the steering wheel.

lbowroom | 04. Januar 2019

What were you driving before?

toothdr11 | 05. Januar 2019

Honda SUV and Toyota Avalon,Camry

toothdr11 | 05. Januar 2019

Honda SUV and Toyota Avalon,Camry

wiboater4 | 05. Januar 2019

toothdr11 Are you using easy entry? I'm guessing you know how to raise the steering wheel already.

Lonestar10_1999 | 05. Januar 2019

@toothdr11- did you have the opportunity to test drive before committing to buy? I ask this because I am 6 feet tall too, and I never took an M3 test drive. I sat in an M3 in the King of Prussia showroom but I never took the M3 out for a spin.

As a teachable moment for all the reservation holders who never took the M3 for a test drive, the time is now for scheduling the test drive.

wiboater4 | 05. Januar 2019

Lonestar10_1999 Yes if only states like Wisconsin would let them have showrooms so we could without drive for 3 hours to take a test drive.

RJMIII | 05. Januar 2019

OP - I'm only 5'10" and weigh 200#, but I just sat in my car and put the seat as far back as possible and as low as possible. Then I put the steering wheel as high as possible. First, I literally could not reach the go pedal even with my toe tip. Second, there was almost a foot of space between my knees and the steering wheel.

There is something you're leaving out here.

CST | 05. Januar 2019

"accelerator".. Thanks!

RJMIII | 05. Januar 2019

I've seen both here in the forums. I get yelled at no matter which one I use.

kcheng | 05. Januar 2019

He's a dentist, and likes to sit fully reclined, the way dentist chairs recline.

beachmiles | 19. Oktober 2019

Bizzare. I'm 6'4 and wish the steering wheel would go lower actually.
I have to have the seat all the way back and can only have the seat go about 1/4 of the way up from the bottom before the seat starts to rotate counterclockwise if viewed from the side of the car on the driver's side.
I have the steering wheel extended all the way out (wish it went further) and have it all the way down so it's easier to reach with my seat all the way back. If it went further down it would be easier to reach still.