Forums

Tesla News, 2pm, Thursday, California

Tesla News, 2pm, Thursday, California

So what do you all think he is going to announce? AP 3.0? Superchargers v3?

carlk | 27. Februar 2019

Or something about SpaceX.

alnoorkara | 27. Februar 2019

I don’t think so since he tweeted it’s about Tesla

carlk | 27. Februar 2019

You are right it's about Tesla. Unless if SEC sues him because it has harmed shorts. Did you see how the stock moved this morning?

Every time he tweets the market jumps one way or the other. The SEC really does not like him but I know Tesla has to pay that 920 million by Friday which seems very likely.

stevenmaifert | 27. Februar 2019

Perhaps he will announce the date for the Model Y unveiling.

carlk | 27. Februar 2019

OK let's play. FSD demo since he said California and not Fremont or Hawthorne.

I’m hoping it’s AP hw 3.0 since I just ordered my X.

Tropopause | 27. Februar 2019

I finally pulled the trigger and bought FSD today. The ARK interview convinced me HW3 is coming soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8dEYm8hzLo

jordanrichard | 27. Februar 2019

Here’s is where I don’t think the SEC has any legs to stand on. The base logic is that Elon Tweets things on purpose Wight he intent to influence the stock price. Well, wouldn’t a product announcement, which in the past moves the stock price, be the same thing? I just don’t see how a CEO is held responsible for how the market reacts.

I agree with you Jordan. I think it is the equivilent of Apple, Google or Samsung announcing they got a product announcement. The market always reacts to the hint of new or refreshed products.

jimglas | 27. Februar 2019

our moron president repeatedly effects the stock market with his ignorant tweets. Why isnt the SEC concerned about that?

carlk | 27. Februar 2019

Making public statements that move stock price is not a crime. Making false statements with intention to move the stock is. Shorts are doing that everyday but don't expect SEC do anything about that. Good point of CEO of this country too.

It’s past 2pm. Any news?

It is 2pm tomorrow not today.

greg | 27. Februar 2019

Isn't the SECs complaint to do with the fact Musk said on twitter "Tesla will probably produce 500K cars in 2019" then corrected himself to say "an annualised rate of 500K by end of 2019"?
And that he didn't get these tweets vetted as agreed with the SEC before sending it?
[hence the reason why the new General Counsel was announced as leaving Tesla the next day].

Musk's counter argument is that "I already publicly said the the likely production range will be 350K to 500K cars in 2019" during the Q4 earnings call in late January during the Q&A.

So tweeting "probably 500K in 2019" is saying something "previously announced" [after markets closed] and doesn't need to be vetted for repeating the same thing.

I guess the judge will decide.

As for the Thursday announcement, could be a ton of things. Could well be an announcement that the self-driving coast to coast trip happened already and here is the evidence.

Thanks, I just realized today is Wednesday.

No problem it does feel like Thursday. Less than 24 hours till we know what’s up.

PrescottRichard | 27. Februar 2019

Thanks Greg!

Tropopause | 28. Februar 2019

Now it’s really Thursday! Patiently waiting.

alnoorkara | 28. Februar 2019

Less than 4 hours! The hype behind this event now is crazy. Especially after last night when some AP3.0's were found on TeslaFi.

Tropopause | 28. Februar 2019

I bought FSD yesterday hoping for some HW3 upgrades.

m3tx | 28. Februar 2019

It is something related to Model S. If you go to the website and try to order a Model S you receive a message that reads:

"The wait is almost over. Great things are launching at 2pm"

SamO | 28. Februar 2019

@Tropopause,

+100

ajbullis | 28. Februar 2019

"The wait is almost over. Great things are launching at 2pm" message on Model S, Model X, and Model 3 pages. Hoping for HW3! T-90min

Nic727 | 28. Februar 2019

Maybe Model 3 standard battery or Tesla go private finally?

alnoorkara | 28. Februar 2019

Less than an hour. That splash page on the ordering page has hyped everyone even more

Raymond68803 | 28. Februar 2019

What is FSD? And HW3 ? I checked FSD for a stock quote online but I found several possibilities.

Thanks

DermMD | 28. Februar 2019

Maybe Model 3 standard battery or Tesla go private finally?

I agree, going private after all

jjs | 28. Februar 2019

FSD - FUll Self Driving
HW3 FSD Hardware version 3.0

sloughman | 28. Februar 2019

I am hoping it is about the model Y. I will be able to afford this car - So excited!

Urban_3 | 28. Februar 2019

27 minutes the sky is fallling

djjohnny110 | 28. Februar 2019

its definitely FSD. its gotta be. everyone has been "waiting" forever. im praying that its fsd.

its definitely FSD. its gotta be. everyone has been "waiting" forever. im praying that its fsd.

carlgo2 | 28. Februar 2019

Note that orders for all current models are suspended. What would pertain to all models? Must be battery or charging related. Or an important option common to all models such as a HUD. Or full self driving is now free.

jjs | 28. Februar 2019

Elon is going to announce that from no on, all Tesla are free. They will have FSD and fly like Tinker Bell. Flight will be enabled by unicorn farts, (it's just like pixie dust, except for the smell). The final announcement will be that all free Teslas will have lighted vanity mirrors.

A new day is dawning.

carlk | 28. Februar 2019

There is no need to suspend ordering of all models unless it has something to do with FSD.

carlk | 28. Februar 2019

My guess is Tesla is releasing HW3 with a price increase of FSD option. People who have ordered the option will still only pay the old price.

carlk | 28. Februar 2019

We will know in less than 10 minutes.

carlk | 28. Februar 2019

We will know in less than 10 minutes.

jordanrichard | 28. Februar 2019

OK!! IS this going to be a live announcement that can be viewed on this website or just via Twitter? There is nothing listed under Presentations.

Maybe the stock message on the order pages will change to a video feed.

Any ideas?

haselby | 28. Februar 2019

Take a look at the changes to Autopilot (EAP & FSD)!!! Lots of questions to be answered there for existing owners.

bell1611 | 28. Februar 2019

I wonder if parking lot summon is now available?

Per description of FSD:
Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.

carlk | 28. Februar 2019

NOA, autopark and summon are under FSD now?

TeslaTap.com | 28. Februar 2019

@carlk - That's what it looks like in the order page (remember this is for cars to be delivered in 2-6 weeks, not today):

Full Self-Driving Capability

Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars.

Autopark: both parallel and perpendicular spaces.

Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.

Coming later this year:

Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.

Automatic driving on city streets.

dude this is a serious problem for existing owners with AP2/2.5. myself included. i bought this car literally for its ability to be upgraded and more and more he is dragging on releasing clarifications for retrofits for the existing fleet. & now they are unbundling and bundling the software elements. so confused! i went to tesla today to pick up my car for annual service and i said i want to buy the FSD for 4k. they said its not 4k its 5k. i said, isnt it 4k for existing owners who were owners before the price change? a rep said no. im like that makes no sense because electrek did an article about it and it says existing fleet vehicles who want to buy will be able to swap for 4k and are not effected by the price change....even worse i have a lease that ends in 16 months and they said if i buy the FSD i lose it at the end of lease if i give the car back, it doesnt roll into the equity of the value of the vehicle. HTF does that make any sense? so much complications.

carlk | 28. Februar 2019

The new feature/price structure seems to make more sense. My guess is majority of people will only opt for autopilot. Also in the news is Tesla will be doing away with stores to save cost. It's switching from the Apple model to the Amazon model. We'll see if it works out.

TeslaTap.com | 28. Februar 2019

@djjohnny - you bought the car to be upgraded, but plan on dumping it because you're leasing it? Seems foolish to put any upgrades into a leased car as it all goes back to the leaseholder. Makes more sense if you buy the car. Upgrades have never been transferable nor even a hint that Tesla would do that.

Often prices do change. It's not like you have a contract that says Tesla will guarantee the price forever. Considering they have to replace an expensive set of electronics to enable FSD, which wasn't in the original plans, it makes some sense that the upgrade price went up. Still you can try and argue with Tesla. Maybe you'll luck out, but considering it might add some features in 10 months or so, that leaves you with 6 months of use - it seems like a poor deal at any price. Best to wait to buy a new car and get the new car discount for FSD.

carlk | 28. Februar 2019

@djjohnny110 Not sure what Tesla will do for people who has AP/EAP. I'd guess whatever features they already have now will be grandfather'd in. For those HW2.5 or maybe even HW2.0 owners who have purchased FSD should get the HW3 board for free. On the other hand if you did not purchase FSD then it's anybody's guess what will happen to yours or how much it will cost to upgrade. It's a simple thing for you if you leased your car. Just lease another one with FSD if that's what you want.

Pages