Forums

Help - Model 3 Windshield Replacement - Service Center, Tesla-Approved Body Shop, or ?

Help - Model 3 Windshield Replacement - Service Center, Tesla-Approved Body Shop, or ?

Rock put a hole in wife's M3 Windshield this morning. State Farm is setting up a claim. We are in San Diego.

Do the service centers even do this? Are windshields available?

I talked to Amato Auto Body, high end Tesla-approved body shop. They say they work with State Farm, but would have to get estimate approved, etc.

State Farm initially tried to send me to a local glass company. I told them Teslas are different, cameras, etc...

Advice on who should do the replacement? How long did it take?

:(

Thanks!

Magic 8 Ball | 13. März 2019

Call TESLA, sometimes they do it or sometimes they farm it out. Anyone can do it if they know how.

Why do people come here to ask about this when the only reliable answers can only come from the actual sources providing the services?

Brunoranger | 13. März 2019

Magic 8 Ball - people want to see real consumers using the same vehicle with the same situations responses. No reason for you to question that. If you dont feel like helping - dont post.

@Brunoranger I understand what people want but this is rumor mill with no validation or verification. I am helping the OP by telling them to bypass this for the info. they seek and go find them a windshield by picking up the phone.

@Brunoranger Do you have any windshield advice for the OP or are you going to try and waste their time also?