Forums

Question about how to order summon feature

Question about how to order summon feature

Hi. I am configuring my Model 3 and am confused about how to get summon. Is this standard with EAP or do I also need to purchase FSD,as it lists an advanced summon feature in the description? Also, does anyone have the deep blue or silver metallic. Is the latter comparable to the pre-dawn gray by Toyota? Thanks all. I am getting excited!

Chris517 | 14. März 2019

Also, what other safety features does the EAP provide that would not come standard? I like driving in the sense that I don’t need automatic lane shift, etc., but summon is pretty cool, though I’m curious about distances it can actually summon from. Like is it primarily from a driveway, or can it navigate in a parking lot, or parking garage.

Magic 8 Ball | 14. März 2019

Are you actually able to order EAP? I thought it was gone and you can only get AP and FSD now?

thedrisin | 14. März 2019

Summon will go 40 feet such as in and out of a tight parking space or garage. It cannot navigate and needs to be closely monitored.

Chris517 | 14. März 2019

That is why I am glad I am asking. It just lists it as autopilot, not EAP for 3000, and FSD as a separate option.

jdcollins5 | 14. März 2019

AP only includes TACC (cruise control) and AutoSteer. To get Summon and the future Advanced Summon you will need to purchase FSD. Summon is currently about 40 feet. Advanced Summon will navigate a parking lot and come to you.

Chris517 | 14. März 2019

Thanks for the quick reply. My wife and I don’t really use cruise control so I think I will use the 3k for the premium versus partial premium interior.

ODWms | 15. März 2019

Great choice!

CharleyBC | 15. März 2019

Yup, good choice, as you can always add AP and FSD later if you get interested and budget permits.