This is the waiting room for those of us at the end of the Tesla queue - yep, Right Hand Drive Model 3!
Current Tesla RHD markets with stores are UK, Ireland, Japan, Hong Kong, Macau, Australia and New Zealand. Collectively those markets represent 9.1% of Tesla's global population reach so while we're relatively small we are thankfully not ignored.
After waiting more than 3 years, the RHD Model 3 has entered production! Orders opened in the UK on 1 May and Australia, NZ, Japan and Hong Kong on 31 May. The first RHD deliveries are expected to occur in late June or July.
The guessing competition to predict the date on which you think the first RHD Model 3 will be delivered to a retail customer (i.e. non-Tesla-employee) has closed. The winner will receive a warm glow from being right!
The rules were:
1. One entry per person. It must be a date in dd/mm/yy format.
2. You cannot nominate a date that someone else has already guessed, or a date in the past.
3. The winner is “nearest the pin”. If two guesses are equidistant from the right date, the honour will be shared.
4. The winning date will be the date on which the first RHD Model 3 is delivered to a customer, in the timezone in which that delivery is made.
5. No correspondence will be entered into. Like mntlvr23, I make the rules up, I am a law unto myself. I can giveth, I can taketh away.
THE 12 ENTRIES:
31/03/19 - Ross1 (even more optimistic than greg)
Still in the game
30/06/19 - greg (former holder of the optimism stick) - CURRENT HOLDER OF THE STICK
07/07/19 - noleaf4me (going for the other unambiguous date)
15/07/19 - priit (entered before the Musk tweet and might nail it)
31/07/19 - gordon.segar (the 40 month wait)
08/08/19 - M3BlueGeorgia (the first LHD market contestant, and unambiguous date to boot)
17/08/19 - bj (only because this is 1234 days)
30/08/19 - johnmann (adding to the date jam)
31/08/19 - virgored (hemming in jdanielp_uk from one side)
01/09/19 - jdanielp_uk (doing the climate dance)
02/09/19 - tas (hemming in jdanielp_uk from the other)
23/09/19 - Furry Mark (the Musk will Deliver in Time but only Just option)
But where are the non-Performance LR versions and white interior?