Forums

Defrost

Defrost

I have a problem with the heating system in my car. It is often very slow to warm up and if it is raining outside it has to be set on defrost or it fogs up in seconds. It has actually fogged up so quickly that it is dangerous. When I talked to Tesla repair they told me to keep it off range mode. I did and it has not helped at all. Does anyone else have this issue?

Redmiata98 | 15. April 2019

Their advice should have resulted in a more effective defrost and demist of the windows. Mine works fine in high humidity northern Virginia, which tropical rain forest do you live in?

mathwhiz | 16. April 2019

If you're driving in Wx that would likely require defog/defrost, it's a best practice to establish the windshield defog/defrost at the start of the drive. And certainly, you're gonna want to double-press 'windshield defrost' to make certain that heat is applied (red pilot light), and absolutely make sure the compressor is on, so dry air is available... Keep in mind that an EV doesn't use waste heat from an internal combustion engine like gasoline or diesel automobiles do ... So, in a cold spin-up of the resistive climate heater, some delay in getting hot air is unavoidable. It's for this reason that it's best to plan ahead and do this before starting out, rather than waiting until later when it comes to mind. :~ This is how you avoid the 'dangerous' situation you speak of...

bikeandsail | 16. April 2019

The defog / deice function of the model X is terrible. I have put my climatic control on manual and play with it all winter. The service center claims it is working correctly!