Forums

Release notes

Release notes

EVRider | 15. April 2019

This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes.

garyjtate | 15. April 2019

“Posting to the Tesla Forums is now limited to verified Owners. To verify your account, contact forums@tesla.com.“

Anyone know how long it takes to get verified?

Apologize for posting here but can’t submit a new post

bottesini | 15. April 2019

I got 2019.8.5 a couple of days ago and didn’t have time to immediately read the release notes. The next day, with plenty of time on my hands, I thought I’d read them & try out the new goodies. I hit the T and then the “release notes” link, but all I got was a blank page. Is there another way to retrieve the notes? A link to something on Tesla’s site?

jordanrichard | 15. April 2019

Not every update has new features so there wouldn't be any notes to pass along. These "patch" updates are to fixing things in the back ground. So sometimes you get a blank page like you did, sometimes there will be a message saying that the update contained minor fixes and other times you may see release notes, but they are just the same ones as the previous update that did add things.

Now with all that said, over the years there have been updates where it simply said it was just minor fixes, yet you will find a tweak or two to existing features.

diamonds2 | 15. April 2019

@garyjtate:

It took me two requests to get verified. The second request was emailed the afternoon of Friday, April 12. I received my verification email the morning of Monday, April 15.

EVRider | 15. April 2019

@bottesini: The blank release notes is a known issue and can usually be fixed by rebooting. Which version did you have before 2019.8.5? What you got with 8.5 depends on what you had before and whether or not your car has HW2.5 (that started in August 2017).

EVRider | 15. April 2019

@garyjtate: Even if you can't create your own threads yet, there were plenty of more appropriate threads you could have posted your question in.