Forums

Badge on refresh model S

Badge on refresh model S

In the motor trend article/video with the refreshed Model S, it looks like the left “Model S” badge is gone and on the right side the badge says Dual Motor. Can anyone that have received their new cars confirm this change?

jordanrichard | 16. Mai 2019

Shield

bishoppeak | 16. Mai 2019

Sounds like it was a Model 3

PPower | 16. Mai 2019

@bishoppeak - Grab yourself some popcorns and enjoy the video :-)
https://www.motortrend.com/news/can-a-tesla-model-s-go-400-miles-on-a-si...

PPower | 18. Mai 2019

A customer just got his Long Range Model S delivered and the only badge on the back of the car was a “Dual Motor” on the right side. So looks like Tesla no longer has a “Model S” badge on the left side, and just use the same motor badge as used on the Model 3.

carlk | 18. Mai 2019

Why "Dual Motor" badge when they all are? What about performance model then?

Boonedocks | 18. Mai 2019

In the picture link in my post above you can see that it is a performance model ordered and only “Dual Motor” on the badge. There are two links in the post

JChun | 18. Mai 2019

I just got my refreshed Model S Long Range, it only has on the right hand side "Dual Motor"

jfemd.va.us | 19. Mai 2019

Boring.

I can hear the comments now....”Is that the new Model 3?”

judge | 19. Mai 2019

Dumb

PPower | 19. Mai 2019

Well... the recent name change to “Long Range” and “Performance” - like the Model 3 - instead of battery size, makes the new badge more reasonable. Wonder if the Performance versions will get the underline or if that’s only for the Ludicrous versions?

Silver2K | 19. Mai 2019

carlk | May 18, 2019
Why "Dual Motor" badge when they all are? What about performance model then?

Red line under dual motor for performance models. We know they ate all dual motor, not non Tesla owners

Silver2K | 19. Mai 2019

Are

How about a capital PD in red with a small cursive L next to it? No “Dual Motor”

Tropopause | 19. Mai 2019

How does one know the diff between a Performance and Performance + Ludicrous?

Silver2K | 19. Mai 2019

One is ahead of the other :)

Tropopause | 19. Mai 2019

Haha.

carlk | 19. Mai 2019

Yes it's your responsibility to show them.

jeremyinthebay | 20. Mai 2019

Based on the 5th photo in the linked article, it looks like “Dual Motor” is the only badge. :/ I might be tempted to buy an underlined P100D badge and replace it...

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/model-s/2019/exclusive-2019-tesla-...

rdalcanto | 20. Mai 2019

That car doesn't have a spoiler either. It is just a Long Range. I'm hoping the PL have different badging.

Boonedocks | 20. Mai 2019

@rdalcanto | May 20, 2019
"That car doesn't have a spoiler either. It is just a Long Range. I'm hoping the PL have different badging."

I did notice that while ordering my PDL that the calipers were red but there was no spoiler on the picture. I actually hope that mine does not come with a spoiler or PDL badging. I prefer a wolf in sheep's clothing. LOL LOL

Jimdow | 20. Mai 2019

Does anyone know what the accent finish is in a new P100DL with the white interior. I can't tell from the website photos whether it is a dark wood, carbon fiber or black lacquer.

ebirckelbaw | 21. Mai 2019

@JChun By refreshed do you mean with the new drive-train / motors? I put in an order for the new P100DL as soon as it was announced and don't even have a VIN yet... the rumor I heard was they needed regulatory approval for something and the refreshed models weren't shipping yet as of last week.

brylaw | 21. Mai 2019

Just got my model S Long Range and the back looks just like a model 3 with the Dual Motor only. So lame.

carlk | 21. Mai 2019

I'd just try dental floss and a little elbow grease to remove it.

JChun | 21. Mai 2019

@ebirckelbaw yes, but Long Range only, not Ludicrous. After driving it as a new Tesla owner, honestly I don't think I could handle the speed of the P100DL without hurting myself ;-)

ebirckelbaw | 22. Mai 2019

Huh, I wonder if there's something specific to the refreshed performance S that's taking extra long... either that or maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised with a delivery notification this week :)

I'll post the badge situation whenever it finally comes in. I managed to get the P100DL licence plate for my state though so at least I'll have that if they removed the normal badge

Jimdow | 22. Mai 2019

@jchun. What color interior did you order on your car

JChun | 22. Mai 2019

@Jimdow black interior, Long Range, Midnight Metallic exterior, Grey 19" wheels. Love the car. It's the most fun I've had driving since I've been driving.

jeremyinthebay | 22. Mai 2019

I also ordered a P100DL (Midnight Silver/Grey, 21" Wheels, Full Self Driving) and have not heard any update. I was told I should have the car in ~2 weeks, but that came and went with no updates at all. :/

Jimdow | 22. Mai 2019

@JChun... congratulations and welcome to the Tesla family. They are amazing vehicles
I'm still waiting for my White P100DL with white/black interior. It will be my third model S.
I ordered on 4/25 so it has been almost 4 weeks with no VIN# yet.
I think there is some kind of holdup on all the P100DL cars. Could be a parts shortage or regulatory issue. Pretty sure we'll get our cars before the end of the quarter so Tesla can book the revenue.

PPower | 23. Mai 2019

In another post a forum member saw some Performance models with Dual Motor with a underline. So same as model 3 Performance.
Guess the new badging will be the only way to tell you have a “Raven” car :-)

PPower | 31. Mai 2019

The front door sills used to have P100D written on it, anyone know if that too has been changed to Dual Motor?

jfemd.va.us | 02. Juni 2019

Anybody know how to illuminate the center "T" on the front of the Model S? I want a three-eyed Raven! Hopeful for delivery this month.

DRFLGD | 02. Juni 2019

Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!

Ohmster | 02. Juni 2019

Jeez no “Throners” out there?

Ohmster | 02. Juni 2019

^Nah. Last season was atrocious.

True, what happens when writers are rushed/after other projects on their minds.

mc8218 | 03. Juni 2019

I just received Mine and it doesn't have the "Model S" on the left. On the right it has "Dual Motor" underlined.

PPower | 04. Juni 2019

@mc8218 what does the front door sill say?

inconel | 04. Juni 2019

Do the Performance L and non-L have the same underline or different colors maybe?

Tropopause | 04. Juni 2019

Please answer the two above posts. ^^^^^^^

ebirckelbaw | 15. Juni 2019

Not sure what the non-L has, but I just took delivery of my S today with ludicrous and it has a red underline. Also the door sill just says "Model S" now. Happy to answer any lingering questions if anyone has some

nukequazar | 16. Juni 2019

I could live with the badging but not without a sunroof! Whyyyyyyy>?!?

jfemd.va.us | 16. Juni 2019

Silver "Dual Motor" and red underline? That will look good on my Pearl white Raven arriving soon!

Al Cantara | 17. Juni 2019

I was talking with someone regarding the "Dual Motor" badge. He told me that there is actually confusion out there among the crowd that DOES NOT know much about Tesla. He says that people confuse "Dual Motor" with a HYBRID (gas/electric). I can understand how some folks who don't know cars might make that assumption.

Better to go with NO badges. I just took them off my new Model X. WD40 and dental floss. Came off in 5 minutes.

paul.scott | 02. Juli 2019

Can someone tell me the measurements for where the dual motor badging is mounted so I can place mine on my car? I have the badge but not sure exactly where it should go.

Tldickerson | 02. Juli 2019

@paul.scott , best to go to a showroom and take your tape measure and camera with you.