Forums

2019.16.2 update push

2019.16.2 update push

Big push of 2019.16.2 today → https://teslafi.com/firmware/

Pkarim | 21. Mai 2019

Yeah I saw that, excited to get this one soon

VolleyballNE1 | 21. Mai 2019

Came from 12.1.2 so what I noticed as new(to me, I might have missed it previously):
1) Sentry shortcut on the top
- location based exclusion of sentry
2) Emergency Lane Departure Accident Avoidance
3) Lane Departure Assist/Warning/Off (Assist being new to me, I didn't notice it previously)
4) Tells you if your software is up to date.
- Can opt for being notified when a new update is ready for your car profile(Advance vs Standard)
Nothing else was of note.

Whdame | 21. Mai 2019

Can opt for being notified when a new update is ready for your car profile(Advance vs Standard)??

What does that mean? Advance vs standard.

Advance mean, YES, I want the update notification. Standard = status quo

dimaT | 21. Mai 2019

Notifications is how it always worked. As I understand, advanced means you won't be notified to start the update. Instead, the update will start automatically. In other words, you don't have to manually trigger the update in the app or car.

That may be the case. I might have read it wrong. It's for eager beavers.

EVRider | 21. Mai 2019

@dimaT: Advanced does NOT automatically install updates without manual confirmation. What it does is download updates as soon as they are available for your configuration — you still have to install them as usual. Standard means you get updates whenever Tesla decides to push them to yo (as before). Either way, WiFi improves your chances of getting updates sooner (unless you have the partial premium interior, in which case WiFi is mandatory).

2019.16.2 doesn’t add any new features that weren’t already in 16.1.

Whdame | 21. Mai 2019

Thank you EVRider. That makes sense to me now.

rxlawdude | 21. Mai 2019

" What it does is download updates as soon as they are available for your configuration — you still have to install them as usual. Standard means you get updates whenever Tesla decides to push them to you (as before). "

So the question is, is "as soon as they are available" and "whenever Tesla decides to push them" that different?

EVRider | 21. Mai 2019

@rxlawdude: Definitely different. Tesla takes their time rolling out updates across the fleet because they want to make sure buggy updates don’t go to everyone. That’s why some people get an update weeks or even months after others get them. The Advanced option tells Tesla you want them as soon as possible, bugs and all. (Some people who select this option will regret doing so. :-)

rxlawdude | 21. Mai 2019

@EV, that's one interpretation. I guess we will see with the post 16.2 folks if they see available updates before anyone has it pushed.

M3phan | 21. Mai 2019

Updating to 16.2 now. Will def set software download option to Advanced and see what happens in next update.

EVRider | 21. Mai 2019

@rxlawdude: Not just my interpretation, but my personal experience. I enabled the Advanced option when I got 2019.16 or 16.1 on my Model S, and when I received 16.2 today I had to install it in the usual way.

Look at it this way — since installing an update takes your car out of commission until the update is complete, when would it ever be a good idea to let that happen without confirmation?

dimaT | 21. Mai 2019

@EVRider thanks for the clarification. I wish this would have been communicated cleared by Tesla. Their language for this change is very vague.

So by enabling "advanced" you become an EAP user, or is that still different?

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 21. Mai 2019

Got the 16.2 update this evening and heard something different during the install. From the back end I heard a high pitched Reeeeeeeeee for like 30 seconds. No idea what that was all about. Any ideas?

billlake2000 | 21. Mai 2019

Neo, have you seen your kitty cat lately?

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 21. Mai 2019

Uh oh...

Alset Srotom | 21. Mai 2019

Has anyone with HW3 gotten this update yet?

kevin_rf | 21. Mai 2019

HW 2.5, I'm in SoCal, cars in Central MA. Amazing I could push it from my phone... wonder if that's an update distance record.

EVRider | 22. Mai 2019

@dimaT: The new Advanced software update option has nothing to do with Autopilot, and it doesn’t give you access to special builds that only go to beta testers. It just gives you earlier access to regular builds that you would eventually get anyway.

EVRider | 22. Mai 2019

Let me add that although Tesla doesn’t always communicate the details clearly, there are usually articles in blogs like Electrek and Teslarati that do provide more details, so it’s worth checking those sources once in a while.

hokiegir1 | 22. Mai 2019

@EVRider - I think @dimaT meant Early Access Program, not Enhanced Autopilot. ;)

dimaT | 22. Mai 2019

@EVRider, @hokiegir1 is right. So is Elon - acronyms are stupid lol.

With regard to those blogs, well, they get their info from the same news releases we do, and from tweets (which I also keep an eye on). From what I've noticed, they seldom receive additional details from Tesla. I typically exhaust all of these sources before venturing to the forums :p

alexomid83 | 22. Mai 2019

I'm still on 2019.8.6 7c47b13 :(

EVRider | 22. Mai 2019

My bad, EAP is an overused acronym. But my understanding of the new Advanced feature is that is not the same as the Early Access Program, which gives you access to test builds that don’t go out to everyone. Like I said earlier, it just gives you access to production builds earlier.

dimaT | 22. Mai 2019

Cool.

@alexomid83 do you connect the car to wifi? Maybe contact Tesla...

dhliu | 22. Mai 2019

The software update downloaded overnight and I just let it update this morning after I got to work.

2019.16.2 73d3f3c (Sacramento)

mrburke | 22. Mai 2019

@lunde- did either or both of your cars get 2019.16.2 ?

jjgunn | 22. Mai 2019

Got it on my MX 100D but not the P3D yet

rob | 22. Mai 2019

I got the update 2019.16.2 73d3f3c yesterday (Austin). I had 16.1 for only 5 days. Only driven once but I noticed the lane Lane Assist actively corrected my drifting over the line. That was new for me.

Also, love the sentry on main page. I was silently complaining about it not being there. Then it shows up on the next release.

lunde | 22. Mai 2019

@mrburke Not yet. Both are on 2019.12.1.2.

@dimaT I'm connected to Wi-Fi at home and I sent Tesla a customer service email about a week ago but I haven't heard back. I'll have to visit the Service Center but I've been putting it off because they are kind of far away.

@dimaT I'm connected to Wi-Fi at home and I sent Tesla a customer service email about a week ago but I haven't heard back. I'll have to visit the Service Center but I've been putting it off because they are kind of far away.

rayroderick2 | 22. Mai 2019

I'm in Houston Tx, was on 2019.12.1.2 and after work yesterday received notification to download 2019.16.2 73d3f3c,
Loving it so far!

hokiegir1 | 22. Mai 2019

@alexomid83 - You may want to hop on Chat with support instead of wait on email. I had an update that was pulled back and they were supposed to resend in a few days. Most others got the "new" version that following weekend (12.1.2), but I had crickets for 3 weeks. I went on and asked, and she said it hadn't gone through due to lack of wifi (I was out of town the weekend of the big push) so she reset something so that the next time I connected it would download. Hotspotted my phone at work, and *poof* -- an hour later had an update. Prior to the chat, I had also tried to sit at a service center for 30 minutes to see if that would do it.

Also -- FYI for those happy about sentry on the main screen, I also read somewhere (reddit, maybe?) that sentry is voice command operated as well. I think the 2 they said were "Keep [name] safe" and "Activate sentry mode".

rajivmp | 22. Mai 2019

You can call service center and they can push the update for you. I called this afternoon and I got it in 10 mins.

UFO_FPV | 22. Mai 2019

On Rajivmp advice I called service center. Less than 3 minutes later its downloading. Thanks! Was on 2019.12.12. Moving to 2019.16.2

calvin940 | 22. Mai 2019

Got mine last night

EVRider | 22. Mai 2019

Got 16.2 on the Model 3 today (had 12.1.2 previously). Got 16.2 on the Model S yesterday (16.1.1 previously).

82bert | 23. Mai 2019

Got it on both our 3s last night. Barely had a chance to drive it, but I really enjoy the new close up animation/view.

SteveWin1 | 23. Mai 2019

Yeah, new animation is pretty slick. Even shows clouds rolling by in the reflection off the roof. Needs some anti aliasing though and also needs to show the spoiler on my P3D+. :)

Seemed like they were pretty close to enhanced summon. What ever happened to that?

ramoska | 23. Mai 2019

Got it last night in GA... so far so good.

hokiegir1 | 23. Mai 2019

Mine installed last night. The thing I read about Sentry voice command is bogus, so disregard that.

I did notice a few times it moved to an overhead view, for those that have been insisting that was something missing. I'm not sure exactly that the triggers are for it (happened a few times in traffic, then when I was parking in a spot with no one on either side), and it looks like it's an early test of it, since there wasn't a lot of info when that happened, but it may just be that I didn't have the right conditions for good info.

Fredvanngo | 23. Mai 2019

Always late! Still waiting at 12,1,2 for one month.

gmkellogg | 23. Mai 2019

Got it last night. Still adjusting to the zoom on the car view. Sentry mode on location seems to work, I got to work (set it not turn on at work) and it's currently off. Will drive somewhere at lunch and test it out.

ODWms | 23. Mai 2019

@SteveWin1 - I received it yesterday, and had quite a bit of time to drive and check it out. Mine does show the spoiler on the Parked view, but not in Drive.

@hokiegirl - I noticed the overhead view change also, and couldn’t see any rhyme or reason for its back and forth. I like the closer look better, and think they could still make the brake light indicator more distinctive from that of the taillight. It’s better than before, but still a little hard to distinguish at a glance, at speed.

Lovethe3 | 23. Mai 2019

Got it yesterday. Love the new view (even more at night). The extra power makes the feel more robust...is that a good way to describe it?

Driving 980 miles to Austin, TX, later today/tomorrow. Super excited!!!

EVRider | 23. Mai 2019

@SteveWin1: “Seemed like they were pretty close to enhanced summon. What ever happened to that?”

Because Elon said so? You should know better. :-)

steven.wood1983 | 23. Mai 2019

Has anyone had problems with this update downloading? My download started, then the progress almost immediately froze and has not resumed (its been over a day now). WIFI is strong, have tried reboot, and wifi reconnect to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

aemellen | 23. Mai 2019

Is anyone else having problems with this update seemingly interfering with their Model 3 charging?

I did the update and now can't charge for more than ~5 minutes at a time...

Pages