Forums

Car location backwards on Tesla app

Car location backwards on Tesla app

In the last several days, when I have looked at where my car is on the Tesla app, it shows in the proper place, but the heading is 180 degrees off. For example, when it's parked in my garage, the pointer always faced the way the car was facing. Now the arrow shows in the opposite direction. This has occurred regardless of if it's in my garage or anywhere else. Anybody else had this issue or know what might be wrong?

ODWms | 22. Mai 2019

I do notice this phenomenon when I'm backed into my garage also, but on the on screen map. Arrow is pointing in the wrong direction.

apodbdrs | 22. Mai 2019

I guess you could change the direction of the map on the TESLA display monitor at the top left and see if that does anything?

twistedskipper | 22. Mai 2019

GPS only knows which direction you’re moving. It does not know which direction your car is pointing. A compass would know, but either a Model 3 doesn’t have one or the app chooses not to access it.

petrov | 22. Mai 2019

Happens to me all the time after parking in a garage. Must be a bug. It’s amusing how the car cannot remember which way it was facing.

billlake2000 | 22. Mai 2019

Yes, I noticed that, too. It so freaked me out, that I got in my car and spun it around. Anything to go for a little drive.

Doogie | 23. Mai 2019

Haven’t noticed that issue and I just checked my location (it’s correct} after the latest software version 2019.16.2.

spuzzz123 | 23. Mai 2019

I probably not seeing the big picture, but...why does this matter?

SteveWin1 | 23. Mai 2019

Yep, happened to me a few times. Corrects itself after I've driven around for a while.

lbowroom | 23. Mai 2019

If it's based on travel direction, if you're driving backwards, the arrow will be 180 out. On occasions which this occurs for you, did you back in?

ODWms | 23. Mai 2019

Yes, I back into my garage.

cmh95628 | 23. Mai 2019

I see this at my work all of the time, until the car starts moving...