Forums

Looks like the Standard Range Plus Features are Being Removed via OTA Update from the Standard Range Model 3

Looks like the Standard Range Plus Features are Being Removed via OTA Update from the Standard Range Model 3

Just got an email saying that "Your Model 3 will soon receive new software that matches the Model 3 Standard Range configuration you ordered. As we communicated in April, this includes a limited range of 220 miles, and the removal of several software features. To continue experiencing the extended range, faster acceleration and Autopilot features of Model 3 Standard Range Plus, schedule a service appointment through your Tesla app."

Anyone know what the "several software features" are?

Good thing I just came back from a long roadtrip with my 240 mile range :-D while I still had it.

legna_fo_htaed | 07. Juni 2019

In car streaming services, satellite map imagery, live time traffic updates. There is probably more, but that's a start. Are your pillar speakers already turned of as well?

legna_fo_htaed | 07. Juni 2019

Real time**

sl7vk | 07. Juni 2019

Heated seats.

stephenfootball | 07. Juni 2019

Don't let it update! :)

Magic 8 Ball | 07. Juni 2019

Let them sit in first class for a while and tell them to go back to coach but they can upgrade if they chose.

Brilliant, marketing genius at work, stand clear.

CASEMAN | 07. Juni 2019

@ Magic 8 Ball +1 I may have never purchased EAP without my free demo!

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 07. Juni 2019

Just start pounding drinks until they throw you in back with the rest of the scum!

Magic 8 Ball | 07. Juni 2019

Once you have had warm nuts you will never go back.

casun | 07. Juni 2019

i have warm nuts. i mean, i have had warm nuts.

Woland | 08. Juni 2019

legna_fo_htaed I didn't have the following features:
-in car streaming services
-satellite map imagery
- live time traffic updates
- pillar speakers

It would be really sad to lose the range and heated seats functions, since the hardware is there. I may consider upgrading once winter comes back.

How much is the SR -> SR+ jump?

Lonestar10_1999 | 08. Juni 2019

@Woland-How much is the SR -> SR+ jump?

For me it was $2k

richtrav | 08. Juni 2019

Lonestar, when did you upgrade and what features were included? I haven't heard of anyone else doing this.

Lonestar10_1999 | 08. Juni 2019

Sorry for the miscommunication. What I meant to say was that I held out for the $35k SR but when it finally became available, the SR+ was also available for an extra $2k. The reported feature list for each made me feel that the SR+ was a better value.

So if Tesla makes an after market upgrade from SR to SR+ available to you, a fair price would be $2k.

teslarider007 | 25. Juni 2019

Has this been updated pushed out yet? I have not seen this coming in so far. I do not have autopilot and thinking of getting it. I just want to make sure I get it after the update gets pushed in to avoid any confusion.

dallinjhales | 25. Juni 2019

We took delivery last week of our SP M3. It has seat heaters that work on all 5 seats! It doesn't have any other "premium" features I thought would be there for a trial period. Anyone else had this?

thechristianrhea | 26. Juni 2019

@dallinjhales shhhhh. Elon is watching.

MoonDog | 27. Juni 2019

@dallinjhales "We took delivery last week of our SP M3. It has seat heaters that work on all 5 seats!"

How does the control look for 5 seat heaters? My SR+ has two seat icons, one for the left seat and one for the right seat and ads you ouch it changes the heat level of each. is it any different for the 5 seats? or is it still just 2 seats on the display?

I ask because with what is displayed in my car i have not noticed the seats in the back being heated...

wdbutrym | 27. Juni 2019

The controls for the rear heated seats are buried in the climate control panel on the left side there is a heated seat icon that brings up a depiction of the interior of the car and you can then select to heat any of the rear 3 seating positions. It is not on the top level menu as the front 2 are.