Forums

Powerwall sending more to grid than to charge itself

Powerwall sending more to grid than to charge itself

My powerwall 2 is using 6kw solar and inverter. Been working fine the last year but the last couple of days I have noticed its not been fully charging even though its summer and generating 5kw in solar energy. So I looked at the power and see 0.6kw was going to the home and just 0.3kw going to the powerwall the rest being sent to the grid! Is there anything I can do? I dont see any settings options to make any adjustments... thanks

llssurvey1948 | 25. Juli 2019

You havn't said how much charge your powerwalls have.

mcooke76 | 25. Juli 2019

The powerwall had only 14% charge which is why I was concerned that it was sending all the power to the grid apart from 0.3kw which was charging the powerwall.

Noam | 26. Juli 2019

Obvious dumb question: What did Customer Support say when you called them to ask about it?

mcooke76 | 27. Juli 2019

CS just took my info and said someone would get back to me... no one has so far

Tesla-David | 27. Juli 2019

How are you operating your PW2? In self-powered mode or backup mode. We operate our two PW2's in self-powered mode, with our backup at 25 percent, and over past 14 months of operation have never seen the situation OP describes. After meeting home energy needs our solar goes to PW2's to charge up the batteries, and only sends energy to grid after reaching 100 percent battery charged threshold. I would definitely talk to Tesla-Energy to see what is going on as what OP is describing does not mesh with our experience.