Forums

Recommended QI charger for Model 3

Recommended QI charger for Model 3

Ordered a Pixel 4XL so I'm finally getting wireless charging back after a long hiatus, Nexus 5 had it then Google inexplicably dropped it until the Pixel 3 last year.
Can anyone recommend a QI wireless charger for the Model 3, I see a lot of them on Amazon, all seem pretty similar and all are priced $30-$50 which seems reasonable for a QI charger. Want one that can provide 11W if available, the 4XLs max speed. I enable the hotspot on my phone because my wife uses it so I need enough power to handle that.

joe | 25. November 2019

Jeda Wireless Pad powers from 7w-15w

Pg3ibew | 25. November 2019

Make sure it will fit!! My Samsung note 8 will NOT fit in the wireless charger for the model 3, while I have it's case on.

Pg3ibew | 25. November 2019

I just looked at the sizes. The Galaxy Note 8 is only 2 MM larger than the Pixel 4xl. The pixel will probably not fit with a case on it

bpatter123 | 25. November 2019

$8. I taped it to the back the existing black pad- works perfectly. really. https://www.amazon.com/Gikfun-Wireless-Charger-Circuit-Charging/dp/B073W...

R.I.P Kobe | 25. November 2019

I bought the “EEIEER Tesla Model 3 car Center Console Wireless Phone Charger” off amazon. Love it.

Sarah R | 25. November 2019

@Pg3ibew My Note 8 fits just fine... maybe because I've got the Samsung flip cover?

FISHEV | 25. November 2019

The one from TapTes is good if you have a larger phone. It has the ability to charge a large phone (my iPhone 7+ in Mophie battery case for example) horizontally at the bottom. Others can only charge in vertical position and my larger phone/case won't fit.

The TapTes wireless charger also has a nice lip at the bottom to keep the phone from falling into the center console.

thedrisin | 25. November 2019

In order to get 11W on any wireless charger, you will need to plug into 12v outlet adapter. Most of the charging pads are similar output. I have Taptes and works great.

whazupman | 25. November 2019

My pixel 4XL works great on the Jeda charger. The advantage the Jeda charger has is two USB connections. This allows higher wattage to each half of the pad.

thedrisin | 25. November 2019

They all have 2 USB connectors. Each side of the pad has a wireless charger coil built in. Technology wise they are all very similar. Differences are usually build quality, options like horizontal placement.

Pg3ibew | 26. November 2019

@sarah. My note 8 has a OTTERBOX on it. It wont fit. It barely fits without ANY case.

ronjolley | 26. November 2019

Taptes v2
Option for horizontal
Ships with 2 USB split cables
Nice lip on bottom
Has hidden cable for non Qi phones
Nice feel and fit

sixstring09 | 26. November 2019

You can use the Jeda wireless charger for the 4xl and note 10+ with the landscape charging feature of the Jeda. Works great.

bjrosen | 26. November 2019

whazupman@ What charging rate are you getting?

bitomar762 | 26. November 2019

Did you try the wireless charger with automatic clamps like these?
https://floodlightsblog.com/best-automatic-clamping-wireless-car-charger...

The idea is that we can release or close the arms by a single hand only. Some of them even have the motion sensor. Once you put the phone near the charger mount, the clamps will be released automatically. We need this high-tech wireless charger for Tesla.