Forums

You say you want a revolution

You say you want a revolution

I'm hanging out in Shanghai today and I took a long walk back to my hotel in the welcome sunshine. On the way I saw 2 Model 3's, 2 Model S's, and 1 Model X and I'm not even sure they are delivering their own Model 3's yet. And every one of the million scooters that tried to slaughter me on the sidewalk beside the boulevard was a full EV. I even noticed that the water cooler delivery guy, who was riding a rusty 1940's cargo tricycle, had jury rigged a battery to what looked like an old starter motor to make his own EV.
And this in the country that is ramping up its CO2 emissions faster than any other. The EV revolution is a tsunami that won't be stopped and I'm glad that Tesla showed the world that it's not only feasible, quieter, and cleaner; it's just better overall.

surfpearl | 08. Dezember 2019

Great! Yes, they just started delivering M3s from Gigafactory 3.
Happy travels!

bp | 08. Dezember 2019

Having been to China and India myself - where pollution, poverty, and technology are major elements of society - there is much to be gained by cornering the market on clean and cheap transit. In spite of the occasional misfires and frequent drama, I’m grateful for Tesla to be keeping the U.S. ahead in the game. Hopefully the U.S. government will embrace this movement over the long term.

Pg3ibew | 09. Dezember 2019

Funny you would say, So YOU SAY YOU WANT A REVOLUTION on Dec 8.

Sarah R | 09. Dezember 2019

John Lennon
Oct 9 1940 - Dec 8, 1980

Rest in Peace, dreamer. You're not the only one.

Sparky | 09. Dezember 2019

He also said there are no problems; only solutions. Kind of reminds me of Tesla in that way.

gballant4570 | 09. Dezember 2019

China may still be a place where the old and tired argument about what sort of electrical supply is charging the EV still has some applicability. That does nothing to the truth of the matter, in which fossil fuel burning emissions are still reduced by EV use, even when charged by a coal fueled supply. The used battery market will soon be helping change the supply part of the equation as well - EV batteries recycled into renewable energy storage.

Earl and Nagin ... | 09. Dezember 2019

@gballant4570,
Even better:
- EV batteries REUSED into renewable energy storage.
THEN:
- Recycled for automotive use.
Repeat

rxlawdude | 09. Dezember 2019

@Pg and @Sarah, +1.

We need visionaries for peace. We lost one that night.