Forums

What happened to the 20" White performance wheels?

What happened to the 20" White performance wheels?

I've been "building" my model 3 for months, and now the online configurator no longer shows white 20" wheels? WTF? is this an error or Tesla decided to remove such choice....
The black wheels are ugly as hell... I'm planning to lease the vehicle, so I'm not buying the those wheels for $16,000 in the store...

Can anyone confirm if this is mistake on the web site?

If black is the only option, I not buying a model 3 and will go with Audi GT etron since they understand "good looks".

EAPme | 09. Dezember 2019

Where to start.

The wheels for the Performance Model 3 (P3D) were changed sometime mid-October to a much darker shade of grey. Not a mistake and think they look tasteful, and certainly not "ugly" enough to warrant me switching to another make/model car. But hey, that's me.

Good luck with your Audi E-Tron. I'll keep my Tesla since they understand "things that matter".

Go get your calculator checked too, while you are it. Not sure how you came up with $16K for wheels.

gballant4570 | 09. Dezember 2019

Go buy the Audi. See ya.

stingray.don | 09. Dezember 2019

I’m sure you would not have any trouble finding someone to swap wheels with you. Might even talk to a sales advisor at Tesla, as they might even have a new set of the old style wheels they can swap.

And why can’t you just say that you prefer the previous color wheels and leave it at that?

jimglas | 09. Dezember 2019

buy the audi
enjoy!

TexasBob | 09. Dezember 2019

I think OP misread the pricing on the Tesla Site. It says $4k but that is for all four wheels and tires. Not for each tire.

https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-3-20_-sport-wheel-and-tire-package

gballant4570 | 09. Dezember 2019

But anyone who thinks the eTron is equivalent to a Model 3 Performance has some disappointment coming......

TexasBob | 09. Dezember 2019

Also, OP, the silver (they are not white) wheels are available on eBay for $1,200 for a set of four.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tesla-Model-3-20-Performance-Factory-Sport-Whee...

Scrannel | 09. Dezember 2019

Took delivery of mine about a month ago and it came with the silver wheels (Performance). However, I gather from random posts most seem to like the darker color. Or, at least enough for you to find someone to trade.

lbowroom | 09. Dezember 2019

bgirard123 - What Tesla do you currently own?

stingray.don | 09. Dezember 2019

I prefer the new dark gray as well. I guess I don’t understand “good looks”. *shrug*

1LuckyGuy | 09. Dezember 2019

There are probably 10,000 people who will happily trade with you.

1LuckyGuy | 09. Dezember 2019

Audi might understand good looks, but they don't know shit about comfort. SO uncomfortable.

FISHEV | 09. Dezember 2019

Agree it’s odd they only offer the black wheels. It’s the fashion these days. Not a fan myself, I had the black 18” painted Tesla Silver.

Suggestion is to have the black wheels painted Tesla Silver. Cost me $750 for the four wheels.

You could also probably sell the Tesla black wheels and get enough that it would be a wash on cost to get new silver ones.

Nakid | 09. Dezember 2019

Let's not feed yet another troll. I think @lbowroom asked the most pertinent question.

On the other hand, test drive the e-Tron. It is a sweet ride. Snappy performance in an SUV. Porsche Cayenne in an EV. Well I guess Q5 in an EV but did a compare of X and e-Tron and there was also a new Cayenne involved. Everybody wanted to drive and ride in the e-Tron.

X did win on the third row option that day as the dinner wagon though only 20 somethings doing Rodin poses were able to fit in the back.

https://imgur.com/Xqdlh9P

“Let's not feed yet another troll”

All you guys did was attack the guy for being right about the black only wheels on the Model 3.

I’m the only one that offered him two solutions so he could buy the Tesla.

Scrannel | 09. Dezember 2019

Of course buy what you like. I'd be annoyed too if I had my heart set on a specific looking car. I will say, though, that my Performance 3 is a spectacular ride. If Tesla had switched the color on me mid-order I still would have gotten the car.

Nakid | 09. Dezember 2019

Ok, I know I shouldn't respond, but I will. His post SCREAMS troll. 1. He talks about configuring his Model 3 for months now, yet he's posting on this board. So what, if any Tesla does he own? 2. He refers to them as "white wheels" when Tesla hasn't offered white wheels on any of its vehicles. 3. He immediately says if he has to get the "ugly black wheels" (again, not black) he's just going to buy an Audi E-Tron.
What part of his post doesn't lead you to the conclusion that he's a troll? Oh, don't forget that he hasn't responded to any of the comments on this.

TROLL

Scrannel | 10. Dezember 2019

Point taken.

FISHEV | 10. Dezember 2019

“His post SCREAMS troll”

HIs post screams someone who wanted white wheel option on a $62k car he wanted to buy.

Sometimes (just about all the time) it’s as simple as that.

casun | 10. Dezember 2019

FISHEV is a known troll who pushes an anti Tesla narrative. Please disregard his posts and do not engage.

ODWms | 10. Dezember 2019

I’ve never even heard of anyone who would actually switch cars over how the wheels look. Troll, plain and simple.

Varricks | 14. Dezember 2019

Wow.

An eTron?

Wow.

JAD | 14. Dezember 2019

Post extreme negative view while asking questions, then never come back for answer sounds like a troll to me.

stingray.don | 14. Dezember 2019

Looks like the OP walked in, dropped a stink bomb, and then ran out of the room.

FISHEV | 14. Dezember 2019

Looks like another prospective buyer asked a question, got the usual disparagement from the faithful and left. That is the rep of the Tesla Owner's forum.

stingray.don | 14. Dezember 2019

FISHEV | December 14, 2019
Looks like another prospective buyer asked a question, got the usual disparagement from the faithful and left. That is the rep of the Tesla Owner's forum.

His post was just a rant rather than a legitimate question. If you fling your poo, you have to expect some of it to boomerang back.

M-A-B-MCMLXXX | 14. Dezember 2019

@bgirard123
Likely there are several M3Ps in stock with the previous year's wheels. You can probably even request they be swapped out.