Forums

Ohio gets Coal. Trump rewards you pay for Alternative

Ohio gets Coal. Trump rewards you pay for Alternative

GoldAK47 | 29. Dezember 2019

Democrats just added tax to ev in certain states. Good thing you voted them in.

GoldAK47 | 29. Dezember 2019

Your link is from liberal group trying to get paid.

SO | 29. Dezember 2019

The EV tax to cover road costs is fair.

But there certainly should be higher fees on semis since they do the most damage by far.

jordanrichard | 29. Dezember 2019

In all fairness EVs should pay the missing road tax revenue from not buying gas. However and this is where those other states are going to run into trouble, how do you track someone’s miles (some will cry privacy issues) and how do you track how many of those miles were in your state. I mean, if you go out of state, your state loses money by you buying gas out of state. So the states would have to first figure a way to determine how many miles you drove in state.

Then there is this “little” problem. If other states are like CT, they have historically raided the Transportation fund to pay for other shortfalls in the budget. So any road tax they charger EV Owners will most likely not even be used for roads and bridges, which is what the gas tax is for.

BadgerErickson | 29. Dezember 2019

End of year: both blue and red are going to their buckets of stupid, to raise "year end" money. They only fight n FRONT of us, and count our money behind closed doors.

Tesla2018 | 29. Dezember 2019

My electric company charges about 2 cents per KWH more when I exceed 1000 KWHs in a month. I only used that much in July and August before I had the Tesla but now I exceed it about 6 months of the year and taxes and surcharges that the state gets is more. Next thing the government will do is add a surcharge to superchargers equal to the gas tax.

SCCRENDO | 29. Dezember 2019

Again the confused are confusing facts. All citizen’s should pay their fair share and roads need to be maintained. However I believe that EVs should be incentivized and fossil fuel burners should be penalized. And politicians don’t always do the right thing. But Trump and the Trumpists are certainly worse.

David N | 29. Dezember 2019

I find the article a bit slanted/biased like they have an agenda in mind. I also noticed they failed to mention the wind turbines just approved to be erected in Lake Erie. Seriously? They missed that? Like I said, they have a particular agenda and they only print what they want you to believe. Not for me.

Mike83 | 30. Dezember 2019

Amusing opinions which certainly reveal fossil fuel bias. So paying tens of billions yearly to the fossil fuel giants and their politicians is Ok since global warming is a hoax. i get it.
Poitical?? I think it is more of propaganda by the benefactors of fossil fuel welfare from the America Taxpayer.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/fossil-fuel-subsidie...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesellsmoor/2019/06/15/united-states-spen...

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/17/18624740/fossil-fuel-subsidies-climate-imf

Why dd the GOP pull out of the Paris Agreement; of course $26 BILLION a year in welfare to the fossil fuel hypocrites.

https://www.nrdc.org/experts/danielle-droitsch/time-us-end-fossil-fuel-s...

BadgerErickson | 30. Dezember 2019

@ Mike83; I'm confused here on your latest post: your figure of $26 Billion is WAY different than the $$$ amount in the Rolling Stone report, per the IMF reported subsidies.

Why are you posting links/reports/etc., which it appears you your self are not reading?

Yes, the oil/gas/coal industries are MASSIVELY subsidized by US tax payers. You appear to do little more than stir the pot in anger-what does this do constructively with a GOAL?

andy.connor.e | 30. Dezember 2019

Gotta tax EVs to pay for that gas tax that we're not paying anymore thats already subsidized with the money they take from me every paycheck. Makes cents!

Just the facts. I think stirring the pot is necessary to get a better chili.

The tax and other giveaways to fossil fuel beggars is complex and amounts will vary dependent on several variables. This link explores that. In addition the medical costs, environmental damages, psychological damages, and wasted resources that could be better used for progress is not included.
Personally I do what I can, my conscience is clear and am very happy; not at all angry but enjoy analysis of human behavior. Having lived awhile I see patterns that seem to repeat the same dumb mistakes over and over; the GOP is adept at that MO.

https://www.eesi.org/papers/view/fact-sheet-fossil-fuel-subsidies-a-clos...

BadgerErickson | 30. Dezember 2019

Variables? There's a HUGE difference between $600Billion and $26B.

Spin and washing don't cut it, BUT you want to throw in costs for things that could have been better? Ummmm

jordanrichard | 30. Dezember 2019

Mike83, it was Trump that pulled out of the Paris agreement. While yes he represents the GOP, but that doesn't mean they were whole heartedly behind that move. Very unfortunately, many for the sake of their political careers stay in lock step with what Trump does.

jimglas | 30. Dezember 2019

more goose step than lock step

So the GOP is just following their leader. I've heard that before. It doesn't end well.

hcwhy | 30. Dezember 2019

Visual pollution (including wires from the source to the user) should also be taken into account when comparing various means of generating electricity. Having every property energy self reliant would be the ideal.

bucfan11 | 30. Dezember 2019

TDS is rampant in here.

SCCRENDO | 30. Dezember 2019

I see a trump cultist has shown up

jimglas | 31. Dezember 2019

if you are not concerned
you havent been paying attention

hcwhy | 31. Dezember 2019

I'm hopeful that "TDS" and "trump cultist" is not referring to the suggestion that having buildings be energy self reliant is perhaps a better form of energy management than a central source, and that aesthetics should be another factor to be taken into account when designing energy systems. It would be sad if even a totally apolitical, design-oriented comment could be dragged into the abyss of the poisonous political climate so omnipresent today. I doubt that it is, but one can never be sure in these times.