Forums

Vinyl wrap that matches midnight BLue

Vinyl wrap that matches midnight BLue

Hello guys
I am trying to find a vinyl wrap that is a exact color match of midnight blue Model 3
Any one suggest a link/Brand?
Trying to do a chrome delete of side cameras and side rear view mirrors
thanks

FISHEV | 16. März 2020

Why not put PPF on the current car or is it not Tesla Blue?

I was quoted $7k to do a Chrome Yellow and $5k for PFF over current red.

lbowroom | 16. März 2020

For the door handles?

nagesh | 16. März 2020

Yeah for door handles , Side cameras and bottom of rear view mirrors. Trying to match the car color without looking odd
@fishev - Car is the tesla blue, I think its called Deep Blue metallic, I am trying to match that. I mis-typed midnight blue

lbowroom | 16. März 2020

Don’t worry about fish, he intentionally misunderstands

lbowroom | 16. März 2020

There are precuts handle wraps in color, but I haven’t seen chrome delete kits. Satin black on all trim looks good as an alternative

FISHEV | 16. März 2020

"Car is the tesla blue, I think its called Deep Blue metallic, I am trying to match that."

Why not just wrap it with clear PPF which would be a couple thousand less?

I spent $3,500k doing full nose and rocker covers and ceramic. In retropsect, I should have just PPF'ed the whole car for $5k. The ceramic was gone in less than a year.

If paint is good, I'd go for the clear PPF wrap.

DiminishedSeventh | 16. März 2020

3M 1080/2080 vinyl color called “Deep Blue” looks like your best bet but I’m not sure anyone makes the chrome delete parts you’re looking for in that color. As @lbowroom said, all the chrome deletes I’ve seen are in some shade of black.

As usual, @FISHEV can’t read. As the OP stated “Trying to do a chrome delete of side cameras and side rear view mirrors”.

vmulla | 17. März 2020
FISHEV | 17. März 2020

“Trying to do a chrome delete of side cameras and side rear view mirrors”.

Oop...sorry...sorry...$5k might be a bit much for that.

DiminishedSeventh | 17. März 2020

@vmulla lol another reason this forum needs a search function. Did you ever end up getting it to see if it matched? Not bad for $18. I’d think it’d be close enough for the OP’s use case. Maybe not so much for yours with the scratch lol.

vmulla | 17. März 2020

@DiminishedSeventh,
Agreed.

Read the reviews on the product I gave the link to, there is a reviewer who posted pics of the wrap on a blue metallic Tesla 3.

nagesh | 17. März 2020

@vmulla
did you end up doing it. I did order the door handle kit on amazon. Want to see if I can wrap the side mirrors and the side camera bumps/turn signal/autopilot cameras and also want to block the "Eyebrows" on the headlights

DiminishedSeventh | 17. März 2020

@vmulla ah yes, I should’ve scrolled down! I wonder if a good clean/polish/wax would help that color match.

vmulla | 17. März 2020

@nagesh,
No i didn’t try it yet.

spuzzz123 | 17. März 2020

Lol does he try to dissuade potential buyers by throwing around outrageous estimates? Who would pay $7k for a chrome delete?