Forums

Supercharging but can't poop

Supercharging but can't poop

I just heard that truckers are having problems. All the restaurants at truck stops are closed and McDonalds and other places have closed the sit down sections and only offer drive thru service. Truckers can fit their rigs in the drive up lane and must be in a vehicle to order food. Highway welcome centers are also being closed.

There are no places to poop if you are on a long trip. Supercharging areas must be having the same problem if all the stores and food places around them are closed.

Bighorn seems to travel all over the country for some reason. What do you do if their is no place to Pooh?!

Also I heard some banks are closing offices that don't have drive ups and other branches are limited to drive up only. No access is being allowed inside the building so you might not be able to get into your safe deposit box in some places.

FISHEV | 20. März 2020

You may have noticed all those gallon jugs filled with "lemonade" by the side of the road. Many have @Bighorn's name on them.

https://www.rei.com/product/876179/reliance-luggable-loo-portable-toilet

Works great on the boat.

Orthopod | 20. März 2020

If you are asking yourself where to poop on a road trip these days, there is somehing your are not understand in #StayTheFuckHome

Orthopod | 20. März 2020

If you are asking yourself where to poop on a road trip these days, there is somehing your are not understand in #StayTheFuckHome

rob | 20. März 2020

TTap already solved this one

TeslaTap.com | March 20, 2020
Use the Bumper Dumper?

https://odditymall.com/includes/content/upload/this-portable-toilet-atta...

Mike83 | 20. März 2020

Take X lax

jordanrichard | 20. März 2020

At least here in CT, restaurants are to be closed but take out places can remain open, at least at the moment. The local D’Angelos. (Sandwich shop), closed off their dinning area, Only offering take out.

FISHEV | 20. März 2020

"If you are asking yourself where to poop on a road trip..."

it's a legit question actually with rest rooms closed. Truckers have dealt with this for years and they need to keep on trucking supplies.

TeslaTap.com | 21. März 2020

Truck stops and gas stations are essential services and remain open. Plenty of options although not all Supercharger locations have a gas station nearby.

FISHEV | 21. März 2020

Might take an EV cabin fever ride to see if the public highway rest stops are open. Oops....chore list says I have to do the deck.

jordanrichard | 21. März 2020

TT +1. I know 6 charger locations here in CT alone that are nowhere near a gas station.

Yodrak. | 21. März 2020

"I know 6 charger locations here in CT alone that are nowhere near a gas station."

More than what distance is "nowhere near"?

I'm not trying to challenge you with that question, I'm just being curious. I think the term 'nowhere near' may have a different meaning in different parts of the country, such as the populous northeast v. the desert southwest.

rxlawdude | 21. März 2020

"What do you do if their (sic) is no place to Pooh?!"
Go to Hundred Acre Wood.

jordanrichard | 21. März 2020

Within a reasonable walking distance. In Sugar Hill VA the supercharger is located in the parking lot of a restaurant and across the street is a run down looking gas station. Even before these shut downs, if you were there before or after hours, the nearest gas station is a literal a half of a mile at a Fly J truck stop.

Now of course one could certain got to the bathroom before or after charging, but I think the subject at hand is where to use the bathroom while charging.

Orthopod | 21. März 2020

Like my kid who had diarrhea in the park today,
Between two bushes

grins.va | 22. März 2020

Why is your kid and presumably you in the park today? STAY AT HOME, hypocrite.

Orthopod | 22. März 2020

At 9PM they were running in the middle of an empty soccer field In my backyard

StayTheFuckAway

Tesla2018 | 22. März 2020

So much for social distancing. If one kid poops in the bushes does the one next to them get Corona? Hope people practicing golf in the park, or walking their dogs or kicking soccer balls accidently don't wander into the area.

andy.connor.e | 22. März 2020

Everyone else needs to stay home to keep me safe, but i should be able to do whatever i want.

Thats the true American way. NYC is going to be like China.

Tesla2018 | 22. März 2020

And the Dems wanted to ban guns. It is going to be like the zombie apocalypse once all the rioting and looting starts.
Sucks that I have to go to work tomorrow and deal with my coughing boss who refuses to wear a mask because It's only a cold, and co-workers who have been going to restaurants because they have to celebrate their kids birthdays and others who are returning from Bikeweek in Daytona Beach. I will smell like Lysol and Clorox wipes at the end of the day.

andy.connor.e | 22. März 2020

i literally told my office manager last monday that people being in the hospital for a month is probably more of a detriment to the company than a loss of efficiency by working from home. Fortunately we have understanding people working the management positions. Most Americans cannot stop their normal traditions and routines. Those people are sure to get sick and spread it. I'll stay home for 3 months if i have to. And with the way that NYC is heading, i might be looking at months of isolation.

jimglas | 22. März 2020

The "Dems" never wanted to "ban guns"

FISHEV | 22. März 2020

"NYC is going to be like China."

We can hope. China infection rate is R<1 and no new cases for days.

if we want people to stay home, we have to think about delivery services, rationing to get people supplies without leaving the house.

All the markets have delivery services. Their normal supply chain feeds 100% of the people. EV'ers to the rescue to deliver. Nothing cooler than fleet of Tesla's delivering food. There's an EV demo Musk should do. Free SC to all Tesla owners who do food deliveries for super markets.

All drivers get tests each morning. All deliveries are non-exposure. Person is called. They come to door. Package dropped off, pic for confirmation. Next stop. I'd love to do that.

Yodrak. | 22. März 2020

"Within a reasonable walking distance." Thanks

"Now of course one could certain got to the bathroom before or after charging, but I think the subject at hand is where to use the bathroom while charging." For me before or after will work just fine, so I disagree with the OP's statement that "There are no places to poop if you are on a long trip. " There are, they are just less likely to be within walking distance of a supercharger.

Yodrak. | 22. März 2020

"Why is your kid and presumably you in the park today? STAY AT HOME, hypocrite."

I agree with getting our of the house and getting a little exercise in places where there are few other people around, well outside of "social distancing" distances. Have your wipes with you should you contact surfaces that others would also likely contact, and be prepared to do for yourself what you should do for your dog.

Orthopod | 22. März 2020

I go run from 6 AM to 7 AM

I get out with the kids in the park when everybody else is watching Netflix

Simple common sense

Don’t go out when every Walker is out there wandering around to infect other walkers