Forums

Just ordered 12.24 kw system (no PW) SoCal. Will post experiences and time line .

Just ordered 12.24 kw system (no PW) SoCal. Will post experiences and time line .

I am moving to a new home in Riverside Ca and have ordered a 12.24 KW solar panel system with no power wall. Advertised for 24k and change. Had 4 Other bids for north of 32k.

Here is the timeline so far.
6/21 ordered system online and paid the $100.
6/23 uploaded images of my electrical panels.
6/25 notified system design is ready for review. Outlets showed the rooflines of my property and projected location of installation. Though price would adjust because the panels will be broken into 4 different areas with different angles. Nope. Price stayed at 24k

I have to say the other companies were very upset when I informed them I went with Tesla. Even badmouthing them.

njhtran | 29. Juni 2020

Congrats on your purchase! Curiously, how were you able to create a thread in this forum? I own a Tesla Model X AND solar and still haven't been granted access.

njhtran | 29. Juni 2020

Congrats on your purchase! Curiously, how were you able to create a thread in this forum? I own a Tesla Model X AND solar and still haven't been granted access to create new threads, only enter comments to existing ones.

TeslaTap.com | 30. Juni 2020

I suspect Joe is a Tesla vehicle owner? That seems to grant us owner status. So far it seems Tesla energy customers are not given owner status. Hopefully, it will be fixed at some point.

@Joe - Not sure if you considered Powerwalls, but the 26% federal credit applies to the Powerwalls as well, but only if installed with the solar system. No need to spend more money, but just in case you were on the fence, it could save you a few thousand if bought with the solar system, rather than buying it later. If you don't need it, no need to buy it.

rlwrw | 30. Juni 2020

I'm a Tesla solar system owner, not a car owner, yet. I was able to register on the forum just fine.
You do have to register.

njhtran | 30. Juni 2020

@TeslaTap.com That's very interesting on the 26% credit for Powerwalls. When I priced it out on the Tesla store it doesn't mention the credits in the pricing at all.

njhtran | 30. Juni 2020

I take it back! I see it now. Thanks for pointing this out

Joespinney | 02. Juli 2020

@TeslaTap and others.

Yes I am an owner (x2). I know about the fed rebate on the PW, but the PW purchase didn’t make sense financially for my scenario. I’ve been in this area for 20+ years and I can’t remember losing power. Additional my NEM program makes more sense to use from the Grid at night.

Joespinney | 02. Juli 2020

Was contacted by Tesla and was told my electric company would frown upon and possibly not permit such a large system.

I explained that I have 2 Tesla cars, 2 AC units and pool being installed and would need that size. I called SCE directly and they would no problem if I signed a Solar System Size Acknowledgment Form. Acknowledging that I may overproduce and not get paid for it.

Here is the timeline so far.
6/21 ordered system online and paid the $100.
6/23 uploaded images of my electrical panels.
6/25 notified system design is ready for review. Outlets showed the rooflines of my property and projected location of installation. Though price would adjust because the panels will be broken into 4 different areas with different angles. Nope. Price stayed at 24k
6/29 contacted by Tesla to schedule site walk through with Rep. scheduled for 7/7 because I was out of town. They were willing to come earlier. Also informed on possible size issues. Tesla insisting on a copy of my first electric bill even though I just turned on my electricity. Won’t have one for another 30 days or so.
6/30 signed digital forms and contracts with Tesla.

cabellohomes | 04. Juli 2020

I just ordered my system today, 7/4/2020 and paid $100, my system is a little smaller. 8.2 for 16k. Anyone knows about the loan interest rate. I did not see it anywhere. I would like to know if it makes sense.

gregbrew | 05. Juli 2020

The loan interest rate can vary from person to person, depending on credit worthiness. The rate is required to be front and center on loan contracts (at least it is in the US).

Don't sign *anything* until everything is clearly stated to your satisfaction. Do your due diligence.