Forums

Porsche Mission E Interior Designer Joins Tesla

Porsche Mission E Interior Designer Joins Tesla

Electrek reports that Félix Godard who was credited as ‘lead designer’ on both the Porsche all electric Mission E concept and its upcoming production version has joined Tesla’s design team under the leadership of Franz von Holzhausen.

At Porsche, Godard is listed as an inventor on several patents for new instrument clusters and heads-up/holographic displays. I bet he will play a big part in bringing Elon's "spaceship" like steering wheel to fruition and the possible utilization of a heads-up display. The Mission E concept has a very interesting holographic display, which I can picture in the strip that runs across the Model 3 dash (the black strip between the upper and lower portions of the dash).

Sparky | 11. April 2016

Ziss ist good news, ja? Porsche design teams have always kept their eyes on the prize with continuous improvement and innovation.

Tropopause | 11. April 2016

Gee, I wonder why this creative man left Porsche?

Sparky | 11. April 2016

$$$ Plus a chance to work with the world leader in electric automobiles. He could always go back to Porsche later to complete their development of their Porsche E.

But then again, you can check in any time you want, but you can never leave... :-)

mos6507 | 12. April 2016

I guess in Germany they don't have non-compete clauses...

carlk | 12. April 2016

Does he have clearance? ;)

Mike83 | 12. April 2016

Leaving a sinking ship seems like a smart move.

Ross1 | 13. April 2016

An interesting list would be the high profile movers and shakers Tesla has hired.