Forums

Model 3 Corrosion Warrantee?

Model 3 Corrosion Warrantee?

I have enquired regarding the above in UK, but at present there is no detail.

Its an aspect to be considered with the new mainly Steel construction, and the previous Model S issues with component corrosion.

I believe the issues were dealt with swiftly by Tesla, and no-doubt lessons learnt, so I have confidence, but a Warrantee comparable with other quality Cars will be great. I'm sure it'll be in the details nearer THE date.

P.S. That new Tesla Grill will look GREAT on the Model 3

Red Sage ca us | 13. April 2016

Oxidation happens. Don't worry about it. Warranty details are not likely to be available prior to Deliveries being made.

Centenarypilot | 13. April 2016

Wow! Clearly your Pockets are MUCH deeper than mine ;-) £££

If I spend this trivial amount on anything, sure I worry.

Did you ever try reselling a 3 year old Lancia? (What was left of it)

jordanrichard | 13. April 2016

What MS corrosion issues? Are you talking about aluminum oxidation of exposed aluminum parts? That is harmless and that is completely different from rust.

We don't have Lancia cars here in the states, but a few of us are aware of the their reputation for quickly turning back into iron ore....

Googling Aluminium and corrosion:-

When tested in sodium chloride solutions, the fatigue strength at 108 cycles is normally between 25% and 35% of that in air.

Dude. For at least five decades people have been building boats out of aluminum. They are exposed to salt water all the time. They might discolor somewhat, but they don't corrode through and sink. Besides, aluminum is a great material, which just like steel, can be treated against corrosion during the manufacturing process. All indications are that Tesla Motors does that. So, yeah... I suggest you don't worry about it.

Beer time then?
Hmmmm...Beer....

Still want that new-style 'Grill 'though ;-)

Beer time then?
Hmmmm...Beer....

Still want that new-style 'Grill 'though ;-)

Sure. Grab a couple of pints. Have a handful or two of peanuts. Much better for your health, by some measure.