Forums

Address change

Address change

Hello All- I booked my tesla model3 when i was in chicago. Due to project contstraints i am moving to california now. So would i get benefits of california(prior delivery, tax benefits etc..) if i change my address to california. Whom should i contact. Please let me know.

Regards,
Samuel

lilbean | 26. Oktober 2016

Yes. Let sales know.

lilbean | 26. Oktober 2016

Actually, maybe just change your address on line and that should do it.

jordanrichard | 26. Oktober 2016

Tesla doesn't dictate what tax incentives you get. That is based on where you live/file taxes.

leskchan | 27. Oktober 2016

I don't believe your user profile or reservation address matters regarding delivery priority or tax incentive. When you are invited to configure your Model 3, as with Model S/X, you will be asked to provide the actual DMV registration address. The registration address will dictate delivery priority and state incentive.

As far as I know, every US reservation has an updated meaasge "delivery will begin late 2017" in the Model 3 reservation page. Check yours. So invitation to configure does not mean ready for immediate delivery.

dsvick | 27. Oktober 2016

@leskchan - "I don't believe your user profile or reservation address matters regarding delivery priority or tax incentive. When you are invited to configure your Model 3, as with Model S/X, you will be asked to provide the actual DMV registration address. The registration address will dictate delivery priority and state incentive."

The reservation address (and other factors) should affect when he is asked to configure though, which will then affect the delivery date.

@dsvick,

Invitation to configure does NOT equal early delivery date. If so, everyone in the East Cost can update to some address in CA. No one can game the system by using false reservation address.

As of today, everyone in the US who has reservation before last month received the message "delivery will begin late 2017". I believe everyone, regardless of reservation address, will be invited to configure. Not everyone will configure because configuration will turn the reservation into real orders with real non-fundable deposit. From actual orders, not reservations, now you have in random order:

1. Registration Address
2. Option Selection
3. Previous Ownership
4. Employee Status

I believe Tesla will use 1-4 above to set delivery priority.

Correction.

1. Registration Address
2. Option Selection
3. Previous Ownership
4. Employee Status
5. Reservation Date/Time

I believe Tesla will use 1-5 above to set delivery priority.

dasari.john | 28. Oktober 2016

Thank you All. :)

dsvick | 28. Oktober 2016

@leskchan - It sounds like you're assuming everyone in the US will configure at the same time. I don't think that that will happen, the myTesla page you referenced says we'll be asked to configure based on our reservation date - implying not everyone will configure at once. They've also said it would be done in regions. Another reason is, like you said, configuring turns your reservation into a non-cancellable order, I don't think they'll have everyone in the US do that when it could be a year before some of them get delivery.

Without knowing what a "region" is going to be ... I think they'll take each region and sort them by reservation date, then move the employees and prior owners up by some factor. Then, starting with the region around the factory, pick a certain number (say 10,000) from the top of that region's list and have them configure. After they've configured they'll use selected options to determine the production schedule. After a week or so they do the same thing for the next region, moving outward from the factory. Once they've moved all the way east they move back and start all over again, as well as starting to add other countries and markets.