Submitted by nrelia on 05. Juli 2017
Sorry for the long post . Just wanted to share my story and experience. Upgraded from a Toyota Corolla after waiting 3 years to get a tesla . First came close to ordering a S but always had the need for SUV . Thought about Audi Q7 and Acura MDX but then decided to wait patiently for a X and for initial kinks to be ironed . Ordered Dec 31 st 2016 to avail unlimited supercharging but upgraded January 5th to 100 D. Picked up delievery at Devon , PA on May 26 per my request. 100 D blue exterior with white interior, 6 seater. Pleasantly surprised by return of unlimited SC ,matte back seats and new switches for falcon wings at pick up. 4 K spent on Xpel wrap (front nose + doors+ rear bumper) and opticoat entire car. 400 $$ for 220 charger installation in garage. So far have put 3200 miles including a long distance trip to Niagara/Ontario. Overall just an ecstatic experience so far . Zero issues , no rattles and quirks . Finish is awesome . Autopilot works flawlessly on a daily basis and on the recent long trip . I drive anywhere between 100-125 miles everyday to work and feel that my driver fatigue is reduced by 70-80% . Tesla has already treated my recent right knee pain from daily driving and I am confident over the years will either delay or completely obviate the need for a right knee replacement. I now return home much refreshed to family and kids and feel like a better human and father after tesla ownership. Additional perks that came with ownership.
1. Horsepower can cure a lot of problems in life.
2. I am officially the coolest Dad (I think) and my 4 and 6 yr plead me everyday to drop them to school in Model X
3. Get to drive in a spaceship like experience every day.
4. Cannnot stop smiling and grinning
5. Enjoying the attention that comes with Tesla ownership and falcon wings. Might sign up for premium Uber X just for kicks one of these days. Don't know if Uber will allow.
6. Gas savings is a cherry on the top .
After Model X purchase have reserved a model 3 for my wife or might get her the Crossover version 'Y' . Apologies again for long lost. Anybody on fence should pull the trigger without a doubt assuming your finances are in order. Thanx for reading . Will copy the post on TMC with some pics.