Forums

Anyone received solar roof tiles?

Anyone received solar roof tiles?

I live in Los Angeles.

I put a deposit down for the solar roof in May - as soon as it was announced. Am building an addition, on which I want to install the solar roof tiles, but the framing is almost complete & don't know how much longer I can wait.

Deliveries were supposed to start in August - not sure how to find out my place in the queue, but was wondering if anyone else has ordered and received their solar roof tiles?

thanks

zubinanary | 04. Oktober 2017

I think the Tesla Referral Owners will get first cracks at it. I have enough referrals to get this early Solar Roof token, but I have no use for it. Tesla has said it is transferable, so I can let you have my early Soft Roof token which bumps you up in the line.

Let me know if you're interested.

From the Tesla referral web site.

Early Access Token for Solar Roof
Be one of the first to get Solar Roof with this early-access token for priority scheduling of a Solar Roof installation. If you do not use this award, the token may be given to a friend.

garrettcogswell | 06. Oktober 2017

I would like to hear about some successful installations. I live in the Norteast and am not expecting anything till next year, but would like to know about the progress.

jeff | 09. Oktober 2017

zubinanary, I'm interested! I've got a deposit in but moving up in line would be fantastic!

nycmike | 11. Oktober 2017

zubinanary, I'm interested in the solor roof if you wont be making use of it! thank you

zubinanary | 11. Oktober 2017

@Jeff: Sounds good. Let me know how to contact you and once I get my early access token, we can get it assigned to you so you can take advantage of it. This puts you up ahead of the folks who just ordered it online.

dan | 04. Dezember 2017

I have asked for a refund cuz I have to replace my roof now -- cannot wait any longer . But it has been months and I have not had a refund nor any kind of email acknowledgement that I even requested the refund (before September). Disappointing. I'm not sure what's next. It isn't obvious what recourse I have other than (1) more waiting (2) ranting on forum!

Anybody at Tesla listening to this forum? Please hurry up my refund. Thanks! (Order number ending ****52817)

clarkmic | 11. Dezember 2017

So it doesn’t sound like anyone has actually had a roof installed, I have a deposit as well but might have to replace my roof before this technology is actually being produced. I live in Boca Raton FL, has anyone had a roof installed yet?

hellojeddie | 11. Dezember 2017

@zubinanary - Hi there, I placed an order for a solar room in November but would love the early Solar Roof token if you are still giving it out. Please let me know if it is still available. Thanks!

karin123 | 12. Dezember 2017

Wow, I'm glad I saw this post before putting a deposit down! They seem to be really disorganized! They don't even inform you what your order status is or give you an ETA? Do you get any updates after you put your deposit down? I'm in Deerfield Beach, FL. I was hoping I could get get a Tuscan tile solar roof in May/April 2018 but that seems to be unrealistic. We're building an addition and have to replace our whole roof once that's done. So we can't wait for a roof with an unknown delivery date.

Peter_clark | 04. Januar 2018

would love to move up on the solar roof with a token if anyone still has one available?

Tawnylou | 26. Februar 2018

I made my $1000 deposit nearly a full year ago & Tesla has not contacted me about installation. I made multiple efforts to reach the company by phone and emails, but had no success in getting info. I finally gave up on the roof tiles and requested my money back. Guess what... Tesla has not responded and has kept my $1000! I would caution anyone against investing in Tesla! It is a company that can not be trusted.

patrick40363 | 27. Februar 2018

There is no token. I have been waiting for it since last July and nothing.

Sweetride | 27. Februar 2018

@tawnylou, when did you request the refund?

jackrconklin | 24. Mai 2019

I requested my refund and it was in my account within 1 week. You have to login to your account on tesla.com and request the refund there. I emailed and they directed me to the website.