Forums

China gets biggest Supercharger Station in the world

China gets biggest Supercharger Station in the world

https://electrek.co/2017/10/23/tesla-opens-largest-supercharger-station-...

It appears they will need a factory there to supply the largest EV market in the world. More GF's needed also.

SamO | 23. Oktober 2017

I have an acquaintance that lived in Shanghai until this summer. Population of 25 million. He said that the number of Teslas there was comparable to Southern California. He also lived in the district where the new factory is located, near the Duty Free Zone of Pudong.

Not surprised they are getting a giant Supercharger.

Same with Kettleman City and Baker in California, both with 50 stalls under construction.

Rutrow | 23. Oktober 2017

China would probably be able to take delivery of every Tesla, from 199,999th in the US until the first day of the next quarter. :-)

Mike83 | 24. Oktober 2017

I am sure if the US feds were not beholden to the fossil fuel interests the Red States could have more employment and EV's and Supercharger sites. But some of those Red states don't even want Tesla(An American company) to sell there. Yes. We have not so smart people in parts of the US,
More tax breaks for fossil fuel monopolies and less regulations so they can pollute and pocket the profits while healthcare costs rise. Anybody with their eyes open could see this scam.

carlk | 24. Oktober 2017

Mike83 China and California will rule the world. Red states can be third world states if they choose to. I'm not going to worry about them.

finman100 | 24. Oktober 2017

does China have rednecks that try to thwart all progress in clean transport? just wondering. Too many are here in the "free" states of United to overcome it seems...

CraigW | 24. Oktober 2017

With the rule of 2 Senators to each state, you do need worry about the Red states.

Madison worried about this in 1787, when the population ratio was 17-to-1 and now it is 77-to-1.

NoMoPetrol | 24. Oktober 2017

@ finman If China has rednecks, they follow the party line or end up disappeared. And the party line is EV.

Yodrak. | 24. Oktober 2017

You'd better worry about them, because right now the red state politicians control the federal government and are trying to turn the whole country into a third-world country. We're lucky they can't agree on how to do it - for the moment at least.

"Red states can be third world states if they choose to. I'm not going to worry about them."

andy.connor.e | 24. Oktober 2017

"trying to turn the whole country into a third-world country"

You should read out-loud to yourself what you're typing, so that you can see if it makes sense before posting.

Rutrow | 24. Oktober 2017

Even California has rednecks. The Central Valley is like the Alabama of the West Coast.

Mike83 | 24. Oktober 2017

California rednecks are not as crazy IMHO. You know your a redneck when you cut the lawn and find 5 old vehicles.

PhillyGal | 24. Oktober 2017

@Mike - You know you're a redneck when you make a redneck joke using your instead of you're.

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

@PhillyGal @Mike83

Please, they're my rednecks. Not yours.

carlk | 24. Oktober 2017

"red state politicians control the federal government and are trying to turn the whole country into a third-world country."

Don't worry they are all for states right. No?

This just in, state politicians are running the federal government.

Yodrak. | 24. Oktober 2017

Andy, you miss quoted, but I will plead guilty to failing to put a hyphen between the words "red" and "state".

Yodrak

Im being facetious towards that. Here on the Tesla Model 3 forums, and i see we are dangerously close to politic discussion. I am mostly serious, but i always try to serve my sarcasm with a side of clarity so its not taken so seriously. ;D

Mike83 | 25. Oktober 2017

PhillyGal LOL reminded me of Brian H but much nicer.

PhillyGal | 25. Oktober 2017

@Mike - Brian H, now that's a throwback.

Along with Code Orange, who I miss very much.

Mike83 | 25. Oktober 2017

Arguing with Brian reminds of what it must have been like when Copernicus argued with the Religious scholars claiming the earth is not the center of the Universe but revolves around the Sun and by gosh there are planets, other stars and even other Universes. Hard to accept back then.