Forums

Leasing Model 3

Leasing Model 3

I was wondering if anyone who's received their Model 3 leased the vehicle and what the terms are? The website only offers the terms for the S and X and I didn't see a thread on it yet (my apologies if there are threads).

stevea137 | 02. Januar 2018

Tesla is not currently leasing M3s; and given they have a backlog of half a million purchase pre-orders, it might be a couple years before they offer leases.

CTine74 | 03. Januar 2018

According to the configurator video on youtube(Tesla Model 3 Configurator Walkthrough), you are able to do a lease :
time 7:17

2015P90DI | 03. Januar 2018

Leasing companies usually don't lease brand new models of any car. No history for them to determine what they feel the value will be in 2-3 years. Not saying it doesn't ever happen, but it's pretty common. Probably a year or two before they're available. Unless you can find a third party company willing to do a lease and there are some of them out there. Just have to do some research. Deal probably wouldn't be worth it.

Someone would have have to chime in as I don't know the answer, but I'm pretty sure leases weren't available on the Model S for at least a couple of years either.

andy.connor.e | 03. Januar 2018

@C Tine74

You may be able to set your preference to get a lease, but you surely will not be getting a lease any time soon.

dyefrog | 03. Januar 2018

"Leasing companies usually don't lease brand new models of any car. No history for them to determine what they feel the value will be in 2-3 years. Not saying it doesn't ever happen, but it's pretty common. Probably a year or two before they're available. Unless you can find a third party company willing to do a lease and there are some of them out there. Just have to do some research. Deal probably wouldn't be worth it."
Not to sure about that. The Bolt and Leaf were leasable from the get go.