Forums

Hang Out Thread

Hang Out Thread

This is the official BS hang out thread :) There are times you just want to talk, or say what is up, or just connect with other X owners on a level other than just the X. We used to do this on Silvers Referral thread, but that got flagged away, and I miss my space to BS with others and have some fun.

So come and enjoy and share your fun times with us all.

If there are several that think this is wasting space, please speak up and we can discuss removing it too. I don't want to create a problem with others that feel it should not be here, but as there are not 20 new posts each day on this X side (at least not yet) I didn't see the harm of having a hang out post.

Again, please if you think this should disappear, I will delete it. I just miss having places to not detract from others posts but yet connect with other owners and have fun :)

Triggerplz | 16. Oktober 2018

@Trop Dennis Hof owner of the Bunny Ranch dead at 72.. RIP.... At his funeral no one will say he’s gone to a better place :-)

Silver2K | 17. Oktober 2018

hah! I'll use white out :)

bob | 17. Oktober 2018

@Silver -- I was visualizing you out there with a can of white spray paint :P

jjgunn | 17. Oktober 2018

I'll celebrate his life, by having a drink with 3 bunnies.

Cheers!

Triggerplz | 17. Oktober 2018

Count me in, I don’t drink but I’ll have a virgin (non alcohol).

Silver2K | 17. Oktober 2018

or with a tiny bottle of white out trying spread it thin enough to cover the whole car with just one bottle :)

bob | 17. Oktober 2018

That could take awhile.

Silver2K | 18. Oktober 2018

depends on the little sponge or brush's integrity

Silver2K | 20. Oktober 2018

So anyway......

I decided to clean out my instant water heater today.

Bought a new submersible pump, gallon of vinegar and hoses. Feeling like a man I approach the job with great confidence.

Poured vinegar in buck - check
Pump in vinegar filled bucket - check
Turn service valves - check
Pump switch on off - check
Plug pump in to so I just need to turn switch on or off - GEYSER!!!!
there is no on or off!! It's always on! - check
Smell like I bathed in vinegar and/or smelling like a salad? - check!

Phase 2
Refill bucket with newly purchased vinegar - check
Attached hoses - check
Cleaned water heater....

Done.

Easy peazy!

burdogg | 20. Oktober 2018

That is funny

And educational

TabascoGuy | 20. Oktober 2018

Phase 1
Pitch old water heater - check

Phase 2
Run to store - check
Buy new water heater - check

Phase 3
Plug in new water heater - check

Done

(leave vinegar in the cabinet)

Lol, it's a year old. You have to do this yearly to descale. :)

Triggerplz | 20. Oktober 2018

You sure you wasn’t just using vinegar and your hot water bottle

Tropopause | 20. Oktober 2018

Trig- Hope when I go, I go quick like a bunny!

Triggerplz | 20. Oktober 2018

Trop I second that emotion

Triggerplz | 22. Oktober 2018
bob | 22. Oktober 2018

Nope you can’t make me click that

Triggerplz | 23. Oktober 2018
bob | 23. Oktober 2018

not gonna do it

bob | 23. Oktober 2018

I sense thermonuclear war as the outcome of this exchange.

Silver2K | 24. Oktober 2018

damn, clicked on all of them!

lilbean | 24. Oktober 2018

The dude pimping the license plate frame is acting like it’s not his company. Smh!

Triggerplz | 24. Oktober 2018

@lilbean It is pricey

Silver2K | 25. Oktober 2018

flagged the idiot above!

(this post is gonna be even funnier if the spam post above mine disappears) :)

Triggerplz | 25. Oktober 2018

I already flagged him on this thread and a few other threads.. He needs to get put over a knee and his little ass spanked
https://imgur.com/a/ELwcL

ckcland2 | 25. Oktober 2018

sorry to flag and run...

@Silver that’s not funny now it looks like u flagging me :-)

Hey Silver check out Rocky the squirrel situation
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhi7O8dd7e068CP3I2

lilbean | 25. Oktober 2018

Hahaha!

Somebody added a voice over of Rocky talking about his situation
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhXXDN0w4KW72pz6Gg

ckcland2 | 26. Oktober 2018

flags are flying everywhere...

Silver2K | 27. Oktober 2018

holy crap! it hurts watching that video!

Trig, and I called you an idiot! LOL!

Triggerplz | 27. Oktober 2018

@Silver Yea I see that :(

burdogg | 27. Oktober 2018

Boy - I can't believe all this crap about the $5,000 for the Performance model 3 situation. It is like no one on the model 3 learned from Tesla's past! I really can't believe Tesla is actually giving back $5,000 to them! They basically said screw you to all those that missed out on EAP (sorry, only option is to sell your brand new car and buy a new one - and no, we won't give you any kind of discount). These are 100+k cars that people got screwed on, and these people are whining on the 3?

Not to mention all the other changes that affected the X and S buyers that never saw anything from Tesla. I am kind of shaking my head right now that Tesla caved to the 3 people demands but did nothing for S and X customers in the past. To me it is a slippery slope - why not go retroactive for ALL their loyal customers that have ever been screwed by changes...

I really don't expect them to do that, hence why I am miffed a little at why they are caving to the 3 people. Talk about pushing away your most loyal (S and X customers who bought 2+ years ago)...

Ok, rant over, just disgusted a little by how whiney the 3 forum has always been and now they experience their first real Tesla experience and Tesla caves to the whines. Good grief...

lilbean | 27. Oktober 2018

I know! Such BS! I knew all this BS was going to happen when you open the market to lower income people. Whiners! Sorry. It’s the truth.

lilbean | 27. Oktober 2018

It’s CA. The state of free handouts.

jjgunn | 28. Oktober 2018

Yeah.....not impressed at all with whiners in 3 forum.

If anyone ordered P3D without EAP, wouldn't you take the $5k & get EAP?

I would definitely trade FUSC for EAP. If I didn't have it.

Tesla needs to hire me - I'll handle all the whiners & tell them to go buy a Toyota, then when Toyota drops the price in a month go to Toyota & ask for a "refund" - Let me know how that works for you.

It's like people never bought a car before. You do realize you lose like $3k simply driving the car off the lot, yes?

Although I will say, Tesla vehicles seem to hold their value a little better (currently anyway) - until every car on the road is an EV maybe.

I paid $130k for my MX - if someone gets my same car for $120k now, they still didn't get the 4 months of enjoyment I've already had.

Life's too short boys & girls....life's too short

Tropopause | 28. Oktober 2018

I missed it! What happened with the Model 3 and its pricing?

lilbean | 28. Oktober 2018

The premium upgrades package is now included so the whiners can now get their $5k back or free supercharging.

burdogg | 28. Oktober 2018

I think Tesla should just blow up the Model 3 forum - come on close all posts and have one post that reads:

Due to the whiney nature of the posts, those feeling entitled, and downright ruining the experience for Model 3 owners...we have shut down the forum. We wish you would actually follow our rules and post things that are helpful and fun...but instead you turned it into drivel...sorry for the inconvenience...Check back later when you have a better attitude :)

It is like AP 1 to EAP all over again, but multiply it by 1000! It is like they haven't learned anything from Tesla's past. These issues are not new. I have mentioned many - 90D free supercharging, or change to 100D and get no free supercharging. Some stayed with 90D only to then have Tesla allow those that went for the 100D to get free supercharging retroactive to the beginning. So the 90D people now stuck with 90 instead of 100. Nothing offered.

Unlock 60 to 75. Many paid full price for this puppy, only to have Tesla shave a TON of money off it later...so those that paid full price should get a refund right???

The list is so long that it is laughable that those with the 3 act like this is the first time, and that $5,000 is more than any other time...

And yet they aren't complaining about other things they got that those buying now don't....Heavens no - it is only about what I didn't get - me me me me me...what a sad life to live...

lilbean | 28. Oktober 2018

Yep! Losers!

burdogg | 28. Oktober 2018

The thing is - I get being sad that you missed out on saving $5,000. My wife tells me all the time, when I buy something, to quit looking at the cost of it in the future...I can't change what I already purchased, be happy with your purchase and don't look back. looking at what could have been is a sad way to live.

I have talked about it before on here - those that always look at when something good happens to someone else are never going to be happy - it is like drinking a gallon of pickle juice over every good fortune that ever befalls anyone else. And always being unhappy because everything bad happens to us. Celebrating someone elses good fortune does not diminish us in any way - in fact, it only will make us feel better and happier. No wonder why we tend to be so miserable and unhappy - we can't find joy for others...

Applying that here - so be happy that someone else gets a good deal on the Model 3. Being sad or upset that you didn't get the same deal does nothing for you. You can't change what already happened. Why wallow in it. Be happy you got what you wanted and sooner than if you had waited. Life is too short!

Silver2K | 29. Oktober 2018

what bothers me most is Tesla is giving money away with this idea.

this is a bad corporate decision, especially when you now have to write checks for refunds.

lilbean | 29. Oktober 2018

Fookin Tesla. Caving to the noobs and disloyal to the OG.

jimglas | 29. Oktober 2018

Fragged!

burdogg | 29. Oktober 2018

I agree Silver2K completely. They basically kicked in the mouth of all the true supporters that made this even happen by always telling them...tough, only to completely reverse their structure. The cars are awesome and people will buy...Things change. So next time they have a battery change, or a price change, or whatever the case may be...are they going to make it right by all those customers? This has a huge ripple effect. Those that bought the - because they couldn't afford more, they are now screwed, so do they get to drop their price by $5,000? But then that puts it very close to the price of the AWD people - and they are now feeling screwed, because if they could have gotten a performance for the same cost...so they should be given $5,000 more too...oh wait, that now makes it the same cost as the RWD version - so all those RWD version people should be compensated as well...

This really is how I see this decision - no one wins with what they have chosen - they chose to change pricing structure and that should be that - you bought the car you wanted when you wanted - sorry a sale happened, or pricing changed - it happens, and will CONTINUE to happen. This to me is a very bad move and has more repercussions and not thought out. I can see suits coming up from this as well - claiming by giving something to past customers for no reason, other past customers were material affected as well and should be compensated. I am no lawyer, but anyone can sue for any reason. If Tesla did nothing but stayed the course with sorry, we changed it now, there would be no way to sue - as this is basic economy and sales etc... happen all the time. But retroactively giving to one group when in reality, all were affected....not good...

Well meaning - but where were those well meaning gestures earlier in the history of Tesla to all those that have been effected with every change they make???

lilbean | 29. Oktober 2018

Yeah. Tesla owes me for my shitty seats!

Pages