Forums

Hang Out Thread

Hang Out Thread

This is the official BS hang out thread :) There are times you just want to talk, or say what is up, or just connect with other X owners on a level other than just the X. We used to do this on Silvers Referral thread, but that got flagged away, and I miss my space to BS with others and have some fun.

So come and enjoy and share your fun times with us all.

If there are several that think this is wasting space, please speak up and we can discuss removing it too. I don't want to create a problem with others that feel it should not be here, but as there are not 20 new posts each day on this X side (at least not yet) I didn't see the harm of having a hang out post.

Again, please if you think this should disappear, I will delete it. I just miss having places to not detract from others posts but yet connect with other owners and have fun :)

freemarket | 08. Oktober 2019

I believe my 2014 MS w AP1 was said to eventually be capable of coming to me in a parking lot or parking itself. Or I at least believed it would eventually. When AP2 rolled out I was frustrated, but before V10, Navigate on Autopilot was really the only differentiator between the two systems. I get the feeling of being “dupped,” but I will continue to believe there is just so much red tape and likely more than Tesla ever imagined to get FSD here. If Elon can get done what he has with SpaceX in a relatively shorter period of time than Tesla has had, its also proof that being up against an auto industry is far harder politically and governmentally to get acceptance for change against a major competitive market; whereas Space had nearly none.

That being said I guess I’ve fallen to give even more grace than some others feel willing to give.

I still have my 2014 MS and when I weigh out the features vs benefits, AutoPilot has delivered a MAJOR benefit to me with over 80,000 miles of use. Auto steer is just a game changer when traveling highways for 3-4 hours of more.

I bought the FSD on my 2018 Model 3. I’ve used the Advanced Summon a few times testing over the weekend. The look on my 7 year olds face was likely the most priceless moment for me as a car enthusiast and Dad. But, I lean towards seeing it in reality more so as a feature that will benefit me much less than Auto Pilot over the long run. A step in the right direction, but such an obvious challenge here for Tesla to successfully get to FSD. I hope I’m wrong.

That brings me to my 2 week old MX Raven. I saved $6k and didn’t buy FSD. All I would have netted pre V10 was auto lane change and navigate on auto pilot. Now with V10, I can’t get it to come to me in a rain storm. That I suppose will be the day I wished I had spent the extra cash, but for now I’ll be checking the forecast to drive the 3 w chance of showers.

Nigel.sydnor | 10. Oktober 2019

Hi Guys, I have Model S wheels I'm looking to sell. Model X 22" Turbine Wheel and Pirelli Scorpion Tire Package for 6,000 OBO. I'm located in California. They are the wheels and the tires are included.

Email me at: Nigel.sydnor@hotmail.com

burdogg | 10. Oktober 2019

My main gripe is the computer and abilities... were paid for the fsd option just like everyone else and yet instead of bringing on the earliest ones and giving them the better computer.. we continue to see features given out that we gave paid for but not getting. (Yes dash cam was not a feature anyone paid for... but yet those that bought the same package add those in dec 2015 got it... we don't)

Just tired of waiting for Tesla to follow through with what they said they would fo

TeslaTap.com | 11. Oktober 2019

@burdogg - Fair gripe, but FSD is really complex. A clue is no other automaker offers FSD in a car you can buy. Developers working on other features unrelated to FSD are unlikely to be suitable to do FSD - it's an entirely different skillset. Just like you'd prefer not to have an optometrist do open-heart surgery, as the results could be disappointing and deadly.

Triggerplz | 13. Oktober 2019

@Silver way to go your Jets won, I’m glad they spanked those Cowboys
Congrats

Tropopause | 14. Oktober 2019

I made a SvC appointment (via my app) for the MCU2 and HW3 upgrade. We'll see if I get a phone call canceling.

Tropopause | 14. Oktober 2019

Some good news- My wife's Model 3 received a lower repair cost quote from Tesla Service Center to perform a rear bumper repair job vs. the 3rd party Tesla Certified body repair shop. AND Tesla is actually installing a brand new rear bumper! The 3rd party shop was merely going to repair and paint the bumper.

Saxman | 14. Oktober 2019

@Trop

Good luck.

I just got another YELLOW BORDER on my Dec 2016 MCU1. They replaced the MCU1 about 1 year ago. Wonder if they would replace again with MCU2???????? One can always ask. :)

burdogg | 30. Oktober 2019

Saxman...let us know...also have the yellow border...have been waiting to fix until computer upgrade to save tesla money

Saxman...let us know...also have the yellow border...have been waiting to fix until computer upgrade to save tesla money

Saxman | 31. Oktober 2019

Burdogg

I had a Service appointment (Austin TX) for some minor bodywork which I scheduled on the Tesla app.. The day before I get a text that they cancelled my appointment and recommended a body shop., I wasn't able to show them the MCU screen.

I have another appointment in 2 weeks to get new tires, so I'll show them the MCU screen then and let you know the verdict.

From what I'm hearing the early snow in Vail Valley has been good, so I'm hoping for another good ski season..

Have you replaced your original MX tires since we both took delivery December 2016? I'm still driving the originals at 35K miles, but will replace before driving back to Colorado in December.

nwfan | 31. Oktober 2019

@Burdogg, having the yellow border fix applied to my Model S today along with
FSD update (HW3). I'll let you know how it goes.

Saxman | 31. Oktober 2019

Nwfan

When did you originally take delivery? Is your FSD update the new HW3 computer?

Thanks

TeslaTap.com | 31. Oktober 2019

@nwfan - Also did you have HW2.0 or HW2.5? There have been some unconfirmed ideas that only HW2.5 are being updated to the HW3 AP processor right now.

nwfan | 31. Oktober 2019

2.5 upgrading to 3.0.
Yellow band is gone. Display
Looks like it did when new.

Cure treatment takes 2 hours. If they have to give it a 2nd dose another 2 hrs.

FSD upgrade based on Vin and when purchased.

nwfan | 31. Oktober 2019

Asked about Mcu upgrade. Apparently it’s a hot topic at the SC. Plano waiting on engr study to be completed. I was told antenna needs to be upgraded and currently the hang up.

Also having model s shudder fixed in dec during my 2 yr service.

TeslaTap.com | 31. Oktober 2019

@nwfan - That makes sense. The WiFi antenna with MCU2 supports both 2.4 and 5 GHz. I doubt the old antenna would support 5 GHz. In addition, I understood there are two new remote Bluetooth antennas, where MCU1 had the Bluetooth antenna built in the MCU itself. I'm glad they are working on a total solution. I thought an MCU2 upgrade might skip 5 GHz WiFi and stick a Bluetooth antenna in the dash.

Tropopause | 02. November 2019

Had my Model 3 rear bumper replaced at the SvC. Finish same day, picked up next day. Looks great and cheaper than Authorized Tesla body shop.

NWFan- thanks for the update on HW3 and MCU2 upgrade. Still waiting for my turn.

Triggerplz | 04. November 2019

Silver where are you???
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NKYTA | 04. November 2019

There is only one in PerfectVille.
72 Dolphins.

Byte that Brady.

jimglas | 05. November 2019

Not a fan, but you have to agree that brady is GOAT

Saxman | 14. November 2019

Recently an 18 Stall SuperCharger location opened near my house in Austin, TX.

It's only 2 miles away, so I can easily WALK there.

:<)

Triggerplz | 16. November 2019

@jimglas Brady last game was a lost to the Ravens 37-20 Brady was indeed the GOAT = Got Our Ass Thrashed :-)

jimglas | 16. November 2019

maybe staying on to long
Like Favre did
But still GOAT

freemarket | 16. November 2019

I have silver envy. The S, the 3, the X. I hadn’t seen an X in silver for a while, but then I did, today. So pretty! I’m really surprised that they discontinued it. Perhaps they’ll bring it back for the Y or B.

burdogg | 24. November 2019

Saxman - no I had to change my original tires - mostly due to punctures not wear ;( But they were wearing down. We are at 38,800 miles now - don't remember where we were at when changed - but there was one original tire still on when we changed them - and it was getting close to time to change it.

So I guess the real question still is this - are us original FSD purchasers (with MCU2) going to get this new MCU anytime in the next 6 months?

burdogg | 24. November 2019

Sorry - I should say HW 2.0 - I don't remember if that is MCU 1 (Dec 2016) ;) or if it is MCU2 - either way - it is the first FSD purchasers :)

Earsly | 25. November 2019

Hello, we purchased a 2016 Model X 75D from tesla for $57,000.

Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
20" Silver Wheels
Ultra White Seats
Carbon Fiber Décor
Black Headliner
Six Seat Interior
Technology Package
Autopilot with convenience features
Autopilot with convenience features
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Third Row Seats
Accessory Hitch

Is this a good deal? Anyone else regret their used (older) model X purchase after sitting in the updated model Xs? I can still cancel and go with an updated model X but not sure if it's worth the extra 40k.

Pages