Submitted by Dr. Bob Reinke on 01. September 2013
I have to park my Model S outside at my resort. Last week, while getting it loaded for a commute home: I opened the frunk and was shocked when one of the cats jumped from the ground into the frunk and came out with a mouse in her mouth. Moments later a second cat also jumped into the frunk and pulled down the edge of the lid-liner and exited with two tiny mouse youngsters in her mouth. Checking the liner, I found that it had been destroyed by mice. Althoug I haven't disassembled the whole frunk liner, to find the mouse entry. It appears that for entry the mice chewed away some of the plastic around the latch and catch. Has a mouse invasion been a problem for anyone else, and if so how do you keep them out. We have put several TomCat poison chunks in the frunk; however, that is only a patch-work reaction. I want a prevention.
I had a 10 gage 120v extension cord stored in the frunk for emergency charging needs. It has been chewed through to the bare copper wires. I've got to wonder about the system wiring in the Model S. Anyone have a solution? Don't suggest more cats, there are more than a dozen at the resort now. Between mice and Pocket Gophers, the cats are very plump now.