Had an appointment for 11:00am today to pick up my car and found out that it is in San Francisco...:(
Timeline of events:
- Received the email confirmation from my DS about my delivery for Friday, July 20th @ 11:00am in Fremont
- Arrived at delivery center and checked in around 10:55am.
- Sat in waiting room until 11:30am, heard customers say that the Delivery Schedule was on time.
- Around 11:40am went to inquire at the Check in station to see if my information had been submitted properly and the employee stated that Tesla was using a new check in system and the system was buggy (my info. had not been captured).
- Was advised by the check in employee to go back inside and inquire.
- Around 11:45am inquired about my reservation and was asked if I was at the right location because my name was not showing on their system.
- An employee named Martin overheard and offered to assist. Waited for about 20 mins. for Martin to return and was informed that my car was not in Fremont. There had been a communication mix up with the delivery of my car to the Fremont Delivery Center and someone from this location sent it back to San Francisco. No one took responsibility.
- Asked Martin to double check to see if my car was in the San Francisco and what would be the earliest that I could pick it up?
- Martin returned after another 20 mins. and said I could pick it up at 6 pm, right in the middle of rush hour (which I was hoping to avoid). I was also informed that the Tesla Team in San Francisco was smaller and may not have the capacity to deliver my car sooner.
- Got the name of the Delivery Operations Lead (Fremont) and was hoping that he would come and at least apologize for the mix up and Martin stated "he isn't just sitting in the back doing nothing".
- Googled the name of the Delivery Operations Lead (Fremont) found a picture and noticed that he did come out into the showroom 3 times, but spoke to others and even looked in my direction, but never stop by.
- I left the Fremont Delivery Center at 1:15pm, depressed, mentally drained and somewhat at a loss for words. It was like I had been through the process of purchasing an ICE car.
- Will be in contact w/ my DS to set up a new delivery day/time in Fremont (If I decide to purchase the car). Loan has been funded (Tesla has the check and the lien to my car has also been paid).
- New Delivery Date is July 29th @ 10:45 am. New VIN# assigned
I really believe in the Tesla Vision, but if his employees don't have the capacity to own up to their errors and learn how to accommodate customers they have inconvenienced, this fanboy, who was a Day 2 reservationist, may have to take his passion for the EV revolution else where.
I post this with the intent to inform and ask previous Tesla owners if this experience is indicative of the "Tesla Production Hell" Elon has mentioned?