Forums

How do I know I have AWD?

How do I know I have AWD?

There is no indication whatsoever anywhere on the app or in my online Tesla account or on the dash screen that my car is an AWD, except for the 8th digit in the VIN, which is a B.

Is this true for everyone else?

тесла3 | 19. Oktober 2018

No - it should show up on the app (Dual Motor under Model 3, scroll to the bottom) and on the car screen somewhere (don't remember exactly where it is but it's there)

leo33 | 19. Oktober 2018

If I touch the T at the top of the screen in the car, an "about your Tesla" screen pops up. Mine says Model 3, Long range, Dual motor.

kaffine | 19. Oktober 2018

Turn steering wheel to full left get out and look for a CV joint and half shaft going to the front wheel.

leo33 | 19. Oktober 2018

Note that dual motor always implies AWD.

stefan23 | 14. Oktober 2019

My M3 is dual motor and that's what the app tells me, but the option codes from the owner API tells me it is a rear-wheel drive: DV2W as opposed to DV4W which would the be the all wheel drive option. Wonder what gives there... I would have presumed that Tesla app looks up those options for its reporting?

calvin940 | 14. Oktober 2019

Your VIN will also tell you.

https://teslatap.com/vin-decoder/

tbd2001_01 | 14. Oktober 2019

See if a motor is installed in frunk area...

St☰v☰ | 14. Oktober 2019

@тесла3 | October 19, 2018
No - it should show up on the app (Dual Motor under Model 3, scroll to the bottom) and on the car screen somewhere (don't remember exactly where it is but it's there)

Correct, right at the bottom above the VIN and total miles

St☰v☰ | 14. Oktober 2019