Forums

2013 s60 battery replacement

2013 s60 battery replacement

Has anyone had there 60 kw battery replaced lately. Are they replacing with the same size battery?

jordanrichard | 31. Oktober 2018

They don't make that battery anymore.

I don't know of anyone that has had theirs replaced, but there was someone that had their 85 pack replaced with a 90 because they no longer have the 85. Though with that said, upon looking at the recently released Parts Catalog, I noticed that the first battery pack listed said "P85D", which brings up two things. I wasn't aware of a difference between a pack for the "P" models and then a difference for the AWD models. Also that as I said, word had it that the 85 was no longer made, yet there it is on the parts list....

Silver2K | 31. Oktober 2018

JR

That person got their 90 replaced with a 100 because they don't make 90s any longer. Recently @bighorn got his 85 replaced on his P85+ with an 85.

Oh..hmm I thought it was an 85 with a 90. Ok, I stand corrected.

Well, I know that I don't recall seeing a 60kwh pack on the parts breakdown.

adamgunkel | 31. Oktober 2018

What’s that mean “not on parts breakdown “

The 60 kwh battery is not listed in the Parts Catalog.

Bighorn | 31. Oktober 2018

I’ve heard of people being given 75s and they opted not to limit it to 60.

the.rob.block | 31. Oktober 2018

Was it a warranty replacement? How much degradation had you seen? My 2014 Model S 60 (with only 30K miles) has degraded at least 20%.

That’s what I’m hoping will happen. I would love a 75kw. Mine had about a 6% loss in range but it’s getting replaced because it stopped charging.

%20 loss is really high. I would call the tech 800 number and have them do a remote diagnostic on your pack. They can do it while you are on the phone.

mikeadams | 07. Mai 2019

Hello. I have a 2013 Model S 60kwh. I just had my battery replaced today under warranty and was told I was getting a new battery. I assumed that I would be getting a 75 kwh battery that is software limited to 60. But now I am not so sure... I just did a 100% charge and toward the end the charging rate slowed way down to about 10% like it does near the max capacity of an actual 60 kwh battery. If I received 75 kwh battery that was limited to 60 it wouldn't slow down the charging that much because its still not that close to full, right? If know one knows off the top of their head, I'll just call back the service center tomorrow to clarify.

TeslaTap.com | 07. Mai 2019

@mikeadams - I'd be very surprised if you got a 75, but you can check. There is a battery label you can read that is just behind the front passenger wheel. You'll have to get down low to see it, but it will have the actual battery size listed, regardless of any software limitations.

tes-s | 07. Mai 2019

@mikeadams - what was the rated miles when you reached 100% charge?

mikeadams | 07. Mai 2019

Found the sticker. 60 kwh 1120019-01-B. I could see to the left of the sticker some residue and bits of an old sticker that weren't fully removed. So appears I received a refurbished battery. My 6 year old battery (45k miles) gave a reduced acceleration warning on the instrument display prompting me to get service. I only charged it to about 75% daily. Rarely charging fully. Reason Tesla cited for replacement was after inspection, the battery failed the 'air leak test'. Last time I did a full charge on the old battery a few months ago it charged to 192, the replacement I just received charged to 197. So I guess I can't complain. Just had my hopes up for a software limited 75kwh battery.

Bighorn | 08. Mai 2019

Some have received 75s in this situation.