Forums

Disable auto lock in my garage?

Disable auto lock in my garage?

I find it frustrating when I go to my car, in my garage, and have to wait for the car to recognize that I’m standing outside the door. Is there a way to disable the auto lock feature when the car is in my home garage?

ODWms | 14. Januar 2019

Unfortunately, not yet. I have no doubt that feature will become available via future update though. Makes sense.

gballant4570 | 14. Januar 2019

I am getting more used to carrying my phone around my home, to make that a bit better, I started out by not enabling auto locking, but pulling out the phone (or card) to lock it in parking lots, etc... got to be more bothersome than dealing with the locked car issue at home.....

EVRider | 14. Januar 2019

You can create a separate profile with auto lock turned off, and switch to that when you park in your garage. You should also adjust the seat and/or mirror position so you remember to switch back to the real profile when you drive.

I have auto lock disabled on my Model S so the car won’t lock in my garage, but it’s easy to lock the car using the key fob when I park elsewhere. We have auto lock enabled on my wife’s Model 3, but we usually have our phones with us when we need to access the car so it hasn’t been a problem.

gballant4570 | 14. Januar 2019

EVRider, "You can create a separate profile with auto lock turned off, and switch to that when you park in your garage."

Great suggestion. I believe I'll do this.....why didn't I think of that before.....?

billtphotoman | 14. Januar 2019

This along the option to unlock the charge port when charging is complete (to make sharing L2 destination chargers much easier) are high on my list of software feature requests. @EVRider - a great suggestion of solving one of these 2 issues.

coleAK | 14. Januar 2019

For this exact reason I disabled “walk away lock” within a week. I’ve left it that way since.