Forums

Come on Tesla, address the spam bots already.

Come on Tesla, address the spam bots already.

Can't you afford a part time web master to get rid of the spammers?

Write a simple script to block all foreign languages, not just Chinese characters, from the US/CA forum. Heck, only allow the native language and English in each local forum.

That would prevent 99% of the spam. How much should I bill HQ for the solution?

Qwiksilver | 15. März 2019

Done!

jithesh | 15. März 2019

What if they start spamming in English ?

jithesh | 15. März 2019

Interesting.. Your post has both "Back to Tesla Model S" and "Back to Tesla Model 3" buttons all others have only one button :-)

jordanrichard | 15. März 2019

jithesh that is something relatively new. I believe that indicates that the thread/subject was posted in those two forums.

Mathew98 | 15. März 2019

I am spamming both forums!

Boonedocks | 15. März 2019

KU认证毕业证KU毕业证学位证书KU录取通知书Offer♡Roehampton毕业证学位证书Roehampton认证毕业证♡罗汉普顿成绩单认证 罗汉普顿大学教育部学历认证

sorry that was me. LOL LOL

What language is that...Is it someone from NEO spamming Tesla because of Elon's talk about the new of Gigafoctory 3 in Neo's backyard.

Mathew98 | 15. März 2019

NIO dropped by more than 50% in recent weeks but it's unlikely they are behind the attack. Existing shorts have been paying minimum wage fockers from third world countries to spam Tesla forums for years.

It's a shame Tesla can't even find an intern to block postings from selected IP addresses from posting more than 2 new posts in a day, especially from brand new user names.

I mean how hard could it be to implement simple measures for a 5 days waiting period before a new user can create new threads.

gmkellogg | 15. März 2019

I dumped Nio. Nothing really to be excited about them.

Boonedocks | 15. März 2019

Sorry for the double typo on NIO and it was totally a joke. You are right the future isn't looking to good for them right now.

Mathew98 | 15. März 2019

And the grand solution for spam is to bump up relevant threads? How hi tech...

b.tesla | 15. März 2019

Watching these spam posts take shape, what they're doing is creating a new post with just a few random english letters for both the subject and body. Then they're immediately editing them and changing them to all the crazy foreign letters in both the title and the body. And they seem to have loads of bogus accounts setup and ready to roll.

murphyS90D | 15. März 2019

@Boonedocks
It's Chinese. It's an add for fake documents. Feed it to Google translate.

dsteal | 15. März 2019

I'm really stupid, but I have to ask. What is the point of those garbled spam messages? Are they selling something? Are they making money somehow? I don't suppose someone on this forum replied to the spam with their credit card number. So what is the point? Maybe some people just enjoy creating a big mess for others?

rcmarshall | 15. März 2019

The thing is that it is not only the Tesla forums that these same spammers are attacking. If you do a search you will find that Epix software and Sephora forums have also been attacked as well as others.

SO | 15. März 2019

It’s probably some disgruntled person who feels slighted after the price drop.

Bloob | 15. März 2019

No but seriously, even if I wanted to buy whatever they're selling, how would I do that?

Mathew98 | 15. März 2019

A wise man once asked Tesla to to attack the spam bots with no replies...

Here goes Spamalot...

Jcastillo18 | 15. März 2019

We can comment on the real threads to bump out the spam

magrider | 15. März 2019

Hi folks, I created a simple Chrome Extension to hide all the Chinese Spam threads. The code is located here:
https://github.com/lagrider/Tesla-Forum-Chinese-Spam-Hider-Chrome-Extension

It's not published to the Chrome Extension store so you will have to download and install it yourself.

It should be simple for tesla to add the captcha check to new thread post, wish they just did that.

nothotpocket | 16. März 2019

Cool.

pgkevet | 16. März 2019

I understand you can purchase Full Spam Delete which will allow you to ask your device to navigate directly to your message location. You'll be able to stop there by the end of the year and even surf in Cities. The price will go up on Monday so buy it now but not sure when it'll start working.

billtphotoman | 16. März 2019

I think these are actually from the dealership lobbies in states that try to block Tesla sales. Such as my "free market" state of Texas :/

barrykmd | 16. März 2019

pgkevet - well done!

Daryl | 16. März 2019

The Lagrider extension works well, though since it simply blanks the spam posts, there are lots of pages with none or one or two posts on the whole page.

Bloob | 16. März 2019

Better than having to look at them, and scroll through them to look for any real posts.

JustSaying | 16. März 2019

, Thanks.Tesla please hire these fix it folks.

Mathew98 | 21. März 2019

Aha. I suspect we have more than one intern to grant forum access to owners.

Now we can go back and spam each other!