Forums

Screen displaying some jibberish

Screen displaying some jibberish

Picture at https://ibb.co/TPytNfx

Has anyone else had buttons glitch like this? This first happened since my last software update (2019.8.5) and now after a three button reset. One of the first 100Ds with older MCU but better AP.

Weird.

Please, no lectures on overcharging, 90% awards me with that message. :)

Cheers

Bighorn | 15. April 2019

Reboot usually fixes corrupted text

calleserra | 16. April 2019

It happened to me yesterday. Rebooted main display. Fixed!

packpike | 16. April 2019

The strangest one for me is the typing backwards bug (when you type something in the search box and it enters the letters from right to left). I had that one a few weeks ago and it took me a minute (a few attempts at searching for something) to figure out that I wasn't crazy. Reboot fixes a lot of ills.

reed_lewis | 16. April 2019

This is a memory corruption issue that is in the later software builds. Some software issue is causing the font data to be overwritten. As a software engineer, seeing this bothers me, and I worry that other more important data is also being overwritten also.

Tesla develops need a good 'lint' program to remedy this situation.

barrykmd | 16. April 2019

I mentioned this in another thread, but one of my destinations (in the US) in search came up in Cyrillic characters.

plusplusjames | 16. April 2019

Yup, I have it too. Needs a cleanup from the mothership. Rebooting will provide a temporary solution.

cmichael | 16. April 2019

@reed_lewis If this is a memory corruption issue it seems to manifest quickly. Maybe the next update will address this.

Three for three on getting dialog boxes with jibberish resulting in a daily reset/reboot to clear the condition.

My wife's 3 does not exhibit this, just my S which also salts me. I told her the car caught a virus because we used a public Chargepoint charger for the first time recently. It took a few seconds before the BS detector shut me down, but it was priceless for those few seconds...

Cheers

braca | 16. April 2019

happened to me too yesterday
never saw this issue prior to recent updates,