Forums

Manage your Sentry Videos with Sentry Keeper for Windows

Manage your Sentry Videos with Sentry Keeper for Windows

Hi everyone, I just finished up a new windows app that allows you to play back sentry videos. This is windows only, sorry mac folks. It allows you to view all 3 cameras at up to 8x playback speed as well as several other features. Read about it and download here:

https://www.allprosoftware.com/sentrykeeper/

Kary993 | 03. Mai 2019

@johnw - thank you! definitely try this out this weekend. BTW, us Mac people also have windows partitions just for these situations ;)

scherer326 | 03. Mai 2019

this looks very promising, will try it this weekend. Great job!!! What about an iphone app version?

andrew | 03. Mai 2019

@johnw

Thanks! this looks like an awesome little utility for viewing and scrubbing the clips for mischief. I just downloaded it and will check it out when I pull the usb stick from the car.

jball | 03. Mai 2019

Very cool, thanks for providing this. Will check it out on a Virtualbox VM.

DickB | 03. Mai 2019

Error installing the progam

Running Windows 10 got an error on installation

Component 'wmp.dll' or one of its dependencies not correctly registerd: a file is missing or invalid.

johnw | 03. Mai 2019

@DickB you must have Windows Media Player installed in your windows system. I think you can add this from the control panel in windows- add/remove features.

The development system I'm using is only available on Windows and I'm afraid I'm too close to retirement to pick up another language, so I'm afraid this is going to be a windows-only solution- at least from me.

Kary993 | 03. Mai 2019

If I had the time and was a better iOS and Android developer I could build your app for those devices. Use an adapter to plug in the drive to smart phone and view the video right on the smart phone.....sadly it would take me too long to develop, but would be fun! Maybe there is someone out in Tesla Forum land that would like to create it?

justincouv | 03. Mai 2019

awesome stuff!! posted in another thread but i'm having issues with the dashcam. i have everything formatted, getting the red dot and yet all i'm getting are saved sentry cam videos. no dashcam at all. any ideas? i do have a splitter on one of the ports since i use a nomad wireless charger.

Kary993 | 03. Mai 2019

Is there a red dot on the screen saying dashcam is recording?

yes. and i can download and get a checkmark. then, no video.

Kary993 | 03. Mai 2019

I really am not sure what you are saying......does your dashcam record while driving with a red dot in the uooer right corner of the camera icon? If not there will not be any dashcam files, but there could be sentry mode files if the USB drive is set up correctly. Maybe I am confused why you are asking these questions in this thread?

sorry, no one responded to my thread, and your thread could use the views to plug your software. :-) how do i view the saved dashcam video? i hit download after i saw a cop make an illegal u and i have no dashcam footage anywhere. just sentry video of people walking by my car in 1 minute events

Syed.Hosain | 03. Mai 2019

Looks interesting for sure! Can you add a feature to use a specific directory for the videos? I don't put the USB into my PC often, but do copy the files into a folder on a spare drive here ... would need to specify the drive and folder rather than have your software try to find the add-in USB stick.

Thanks!

johnw | 03. Mai 2019

@justincouv Dashcam and Sentry are both stored in the savedclips folder, as far as I know. If you remember what date and time that incident occurred, you should be able to find it in the list- they are sorted oldest to newest. If you have the red dot and the arrow when you tap on it, the files should be there.

@syed Looks like I'm going to need to add something like that- a lot of requests for that feature.

Daryl | 03. Mai 2019

Very cool! Lots of features and options. I love being able to run at 8X, so you can quickly look for when that "incident" happened.

One suggestion: Instead of only playing in the SavedClips folder, it would be nice if I could also view RecentClips.
And I sometimes copy important clips I want to save to my hard drive. It would be nice if I could select a folder on my hard drive to view.

Really, both of these suggestions come down to being able to select the location to view.

Daryl | 03. Mai 2019

Sorry, Syed.Hosain -- You beat me to it.

@johnw | "Looks like I'm going to need to add something like that- a lot of requests for that feature."

Thanks!!

@Daryl | "Sorry, Syed.Hosain -- You beat me to it."

Great minds think alike! :) :)

jwitkin | 03. Mai 2019

This is great!! Thank you! Works perfectly on windows 10.

jefjes | 03. Mai 2019

Works great! This is a much-needed program so thanks a bunch!

jball | 03. Mai 2019

How do you open a file? When I click "Open Explorer or File" nothing happens.

johnw | 03. Mai 2019

@Jball if your teslacam USB drive is in the computer, click the 'Load Videos' link. Open explorer is for after you have the clips loaded and you want to open a specific file in another application or to copy it.

jball | 03. Mai 2019

Ah ok, so I moved the files from my USB to a folder and put the USB back in the car. Is that not supported yet, to point to a folder location?

DickB | 04. Mai 2019

Sentry Keeper will not work work on Windows 10 home 1803 64bit

I cannot install Windows Media Player on this version of Windows.
Has anyone been able to get this Player to install?
I did download "Windows Media Feature Pack" which has the player in it.
This version of Windows 10 (1803) will not accept it.

https://www.allprosoftware.com/sentrykeeper/

LikeLightning | 04. Mai 2019

@johnw- Nice program; appreciate you sharing.

johnw | 04. Mai 2019

@jball You can't currently point to a specific folder but it's high on my 'todo' list.

@DickB, see if this link helps you to get the media player installed

https://betanews.com/2017/10/09/windows-10-update-removes-windows-media-...

DickB | 04. Mai 2019

@johnw I tried links like the one you posted and a few others. None of them work. It does install the folder in "Program Files" but the folder is empty and nothing in the start menu.

M3NOICE | 04. Mai 2019

I just used it today (Win7). Nice, simple, and very convenient tool. Thank you.

johnw | 04. Mai 2019

@DickB just had another person with your same error and he fixed it by following instructions in this link:

https://pureinfotech.com/install-windows-media-player-windows-10/

Teslanene | 04. Mai 2019

I get “Run-time error 13 Type mismatch” when I try to run the program.

johnw | 04. Mai 2019

@teslanene, please try this 'pre-release' version. It includes improved error handling, but no new features. I had a few people report that error and they're not getting it with this build:

http://www.allprosoftware.com/demos/sentrykeeper11.exe

DickB | 04. Mai 2019

@johnw the last link you posted is on Windows 10 version 1709 which will not work on version 1803. I can't find any way to solve this problem.This Sentry Keeper will only work with Windows Media Player?

johnw | 04. Mai 2019

@DickB yes. Maybe you could try a call to microsoft support if you want to pursue that further.

Trekman | 04. Mai 2019

@johnw -many thanks for this. It works perfectly, one of the most useful programs I've ever loaded on my laptop. I also would like to see the ability to load a folder/directory from the local hard drive in addition to reading from the plugged in USB drive. Thanks again.

gmr6415 | 05. Mai 2019

You probably have something already on your computer that will do the same thing with a little thought.

Here is my version done with Adobe Premier. https://vimeo.com/334167505

Kary993 | 05. Mai 2019

@johnw - have you tested this software running windows 10 enterprise on a VM? Because I cannot get the software to do anything, load files, locate files, open in file explorer, nothing.

johnw | 05. Mai 2019

@Trekman- currently in development

@Kary993- you currently have to plug in a USB Flash drive into the computer before starting the program or press the load button once you've done that. If your clips are stored somewhere other than a removable USB drive it won't currently find them, but it's coming in the next release- hopefully very soon.

LRS1991 | 05. Mai 2019

Really awesome. Thanks for making this.

Kary993 | 05. Mai 2019

@johnw - yes agreed and read that before but I tried various combinations of that it is just sits there.....nothing ever happens.

johnw | 05. Mai 2019

@Kary993- just to be sure. You insert your USB stick into your computer, start Sentry Keeper and nothing happens? How about when you click the 'load videos' button?

The next version should get around most peoples problems with finding these videos

johnw | 05. Mai 2019

What type of drive are you using?

Kary993 | 05. Mai 2019

USB 500GB SSD Samsung drive

Kary993 | 05. Mai 2019

It seems the software is not seeing the drive specifically that USB drive. Is this related to the size of drive as I have many drives this size and larger that are USB ?

johnw | 05. Mai 2019

Ah, that's the issue. SSD drives do not show as removable even though they technically are. The computer treats them as another hard drive. My next version will fix this issue for you.

Kary993 | 05. Mai 2019

Johnw- ok understood. Having developed software for 35 years understand. Await your next release even if not automated to find the files I want to look at.

Again appreciate your donation to all of us. Pay back is always nice as I too have donated my time develop software to help out on several occasions for. Outing as you have done here.

I can transfer my files for now on a non SSD drive to view what I have until your next release.

Thanks again!

Kary993 | 05. Mai 2019

Sorry about poor post smart phone view and word completion

Kary993 | 05. Mai 2019

Will you be notifying us here or is there somewhere on your site we can subscribe for updates? Or does your software when started check for updates?

ywang | 05. Mai 2019

@johnw, Thanks a lot, I downloaded your program and is able to view it nicely, I wish there is a delete button after I viewed each section. There is only one delete button currently "delete saved file", it deletes everything on the USB, can it change to only delete one section at a time? So when I check on the records, I can delete one by one if it is not useful? Thanks!

johnw | 05. Mai 2019

@ywang. Sorry to be a broken record, but yes, next version :)

johnw | 05. Mai 2019

@kary993- for sure I'll be posting updates here, on TMC and on facebook tesla owners worldwide. An upcoming release will alert you for new versions, but it may not be the very next one.

Pages