Forums

New Service Paradigm

New Service Paradigm

jordanrichard | 06. Mai 2019

Yet another thing I am sure the legacy car companies/dealers are going to be pissed off about because they make a crap load of money charging people diagnostic fees.

jordanrichard | 06. Mai 2019

When I read this earlier today I was wondering if this was presently for all Teslas on the road or required an OTA update.

Ohmster | 06. Mai 2019

I had a warning that my blind spot detection function had limited capability and a note came up asking me to make a service appointment. I think that is relatively new. I’m on 12.1.2 and had not seen anything similar prior.

Shesmyne2 | 06. Mai 2019

‘Better with time’

Still Grinning ;-)

TranzNDance | 06. Mai 2019

I had the blind spot detection warning but it went away with no additional comment. The car was in a tight spot at the moment.

Ohmster | 06. Mai 2019

^Same.

cfishkin01 | 06. Mai 2019

Happened yesterday. Went away after a few minutes.

bhanuk99 | 06. Mai 2019

The next big thing in few years-after diagnosis my car driving itself to the service center for the repair.

reed_lewis | 07. Mai 2019

My blind spot disabled message appears when I go through a drive through restaurant and the car wash. In both cases it disappears within a minute or two.

I am sure that the issue in those cases is that the camera does not 'see' anything of contrast so it throws the error.

Anthony J. Parisio | 07. Mai 2019

Way to go Tesla! I like this.

rrjenks21 | 07. Mai 2019

Loving it !

GarageCharger | 07. Mai 2019

I can't confirm this feature because neither of our Model 3's has ever had a single problem.

p.c.mcavoy | 09. Mai 2019

jordanrichard | May 6, 2019
Yet another thing I am sure the legacy car companies/dealers are going to be pissed off about because they make a crap load of money charging people diagnostic fees.

====================

While Tesla may not charge diagnostic fees, I've never had anyone try to charge me $150 - $175 an hour base labor rate which Tesla charges at the service centers I've visited. As the old adage goes, pay me now or pay me later.

Also, don't kid yourself about Tesla being the only auto manufacturer that has the ability to pull diagnostic information via an over-the-air system. I know from professional interactions with some folks that develop diagnostics for some US manufacturers that they can and do pull diagnostic information via OTA means. Typically that capability is tied to people that get the upgraded, satellite type of radio systems which provides them with a means to pull information. Some use this to identify emerging trends of fault codes along with the operating conditions at which they occur that can then be used to start engineering investigations of root cause and fixes before claims ever hit their warranty system.

I could also contend that Tesla making a big deal of this announcement is as much to do with trying to counter public perception around the short-coming in their repair parts availability and lead times as it is of any real substance.