Forums

Recommendation for Phone Holder

Recommendation for Phone Holder

Any recommendation for a phone holder for the Model3 for an iPhone XS Max? Or any phone for that matter. The phone cradle built into the car is a little too low for me. I prefer something closer to my line of sight. I am not a fan of vent mounts but they seem to be the most promising ones.

kcheng | 16. Mai 2019

I use the Xvida Qi charger, connected to the back of the center display, on the upper left side. It's right in my line of sight, if I'm looking towards the center of the lane ahead. Let's me use the iPhone, see it easily, and charge wirelessly all at the same time.

Tesla P | 16. Mai 2019

@kcheng,

are you referring to this one? https://www.amazon.com/XVIDA-Magnetic-Wireless-Charger-Charging/dp/B07BS...

It seems very good from the looks of it. Couple of concerns. Is the suction strong enough? Is the magnet strong enough to keep the phone from sliding off? will the metal plate necessary for these type of magnetic holder interfere with wireless changing?

kcheng | 16. Mai 2019

Yep. It also has some adhesive, so the suction is nearly impossible to move! Go to the manufacturer's website. They have a video of them throwing their iPhone onto it. The magnet is strong. The magnets are placed in the 4 corners, so the charging isn't affected. It really works well. I highly recommend it. The Qi charger itself has a silent fan built-in, so it doesn't have any overheating issues.

M3phan | 16. Mai 2019

What about one that comes out of an attachment that sits in the cupholder? Search for this phrase - cupholder phone holder - on Amazon and you will get lots of options with a variety of styles and Price points

Alameda EV Guy | 16. Mai 2019

I got the one from Proclip USA, also have xs max. Good enough. The mount can be dislodged with the right amount of force, but, basically works good enough. Need the xs max mount to go with it, but, this is the basic mount:

https://www.proclipusa.com/product/proclip-tesla-model-3-console-mount/p...

CharleyBC | 16. Mai 2019

“What about one that comes out of an attachment that sits in the cupholder?”

Sort of along those lines, and for a price of free, I often just lean my phone in the cup holder. Works fine, though no charging.

Note: I have no personal financial interest in this solution.

M3phan | 16. Mai 2019

@CharleyBC, ; ))))))))))))))

Tesla P | 16. Mai 2019

I think I will go with the Xvida solution. That seems the most elegant for the Model3. The cupholder lean is a close runner-up :) Thanks