Forums

Salvaging Footage from .REC file and .MP4 files

Salvaging Footage from .REC file and .MP4 files

Help!

I was involved in an accident where an F150 pulled out in front of me from a side street, resulting in me colliding with his car. I have been able to retrieve video from the drive up until the final minute - the only minute with useful footage. I have a total of 4 files. 3 of them are the front and side camera videos from that minute. They seem to have data within the file and are of the normal 29.8mb file size, although playback fails. I also have a .REC file that is around 10mb that I have been unsuccessful with playing or converting to a format to view.

I have read bits and pieces from other posts on the forum, but has anyone with first hand experience willing to provide more insight or assistance with this challenge? I can provide the files to anyone that might be able to help turn them into usable footage.

gmr6415 | 16. Mai 2019

@more, the .rec file isn't video. It seems to be some sort of reference file. Did you tap the dash cam icon to save the 10 minutes of files leading up to the accident? You should wait a minute or two after the incident and then save the files. Did you pause the dash cam before removing the USB stick?

SteveWin1 | 16. Mai 2019

I already responded to this with a pretty long post under your thread entitled "Help w Final Minute of Footage before Accident, .MP4 and .REC Files Available."

Why did you post another thread saying the same thing? Is this a real situation that you need help with?