Forums

Summon to the rescue!

Summon to the rescue!

Was out yesterday and returned to my car and found to ICE vehicles that didn't leave much room on either side of my car to get in.

Fired up summon on my app and backed it straight out.

Eat it primitive ICE dinosaurs!

Kathy Applebaum | 15. Juli 2019

I did the same thing when a monster truck tried to block me in by parking 2" from my driver's side. I hope he was watching as I summoned the car out of the spot and got in without a problem. :)

calvin940 | 15. Juli 2019

Awesome examples. Can't wait to do that to some ICE jerk too!

rxlawdude | 15. Juli 2019

@Kathy, I'd have been tempted to leave a little something for that monster truck owner.

vmulla | 15. Juli 2019

This is the second time I'm sharing this picture today :)

That's my office parking lot, apart from Teslas or Motorcycles no one can get to that spot. Thank you summon.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pkcqcl2ZeebQoA1u1

mknewman | 15. Juli 2019

I got blocked by a raised pickup. Fired up the app and backed it out. People came RUNNING out of the store to watch. Everyone said "That's the coolest thing" etc.

On a similar topic, I've had big trucks try to Coal Roll me. I've gotten to where I can tell they are going to do it, pull out into the left lane when I'm in the right and I can hear them spooling, I whack the silent pedal and FLY by them, stunned look on their face.

calvin940 | 15. Juli 2019

@mknewman

Rolling Coal should be an instant $1000 fine. That would stop that despicable, mongrel behaviour pretty quickly.

tess | 15. Juli 2019

I had a situation where the only parking spot left was covered with 1 inch of water. I got out and reversed the car in using my phone. When I returned, I summoned it out of the puddle and got in. People watching were quite amazed.

leo33 | 15. Juli 2019

Yep. I've been parked in by someone pulling up inches away from my drivers side door, and enjoyed summoning it out. It's definitely more than a simple parlor trick.

kallian | 15. Juli 2019

@vmulla, park in reverse work?

Bobblec | 15. Juli 2019

my wife used summon to get out of a parking space when parking lot traffic was heavy. she stood in the middle of the lane stopping traffic summon her 3 out and drove off. no horns or other signs of impatience from other drivers.

jimsaxman | 15. Juli 2019

Kallian has a significant question. I thought of it when I saw vmulla's car in that impossible space. How does one "summon" a car INTO the space?

Mauler | 15. Juli 2019

I had a situation this past May at a graduation where car on the driver side left barely enough room. So I used summon to get out of the spot. It was only when I opened the door & got in the car did I realize a crowd of folks who were visiting afterwards were watching what I had just done. What a great feeling to leave them wondering what just happened. :-)

jimbo1232012 | 23. Juli 2019

Summon is great. Ready for Smart Summon.

hokiegir1 | 23. Juli 2019

@jimsaxman -- What we do for that (may not be the "right" way) is we basically park --pull all the way into the spot and as straight as we want to be. Then, we pull forward enough to get out of the car. Once we're out, we use summon to reverse back into the space.

thedrisin | 23. Juli 2019

Any parking spot I would need Summons for is surely asking for dings. I generally park as far away as needed to where there are few cars, often with other nice cars/trucks. Haven't had to park close to anyone yet, even if I have to park across the street or such.

Joshan | 23. Juli 2019

ya my wife got a NASTY door ding (like a 2 inch dent on wheel well) right when we got the car (before Sentry mode existed).

It cost me $150 to get it pulled out. Since than I always park away from other people when possible. If not I choose a spot where I only expose 1 side of the car and move over as far as I can.

vmulla | 23. Juli 2019

kallian | July 15, 2019
@vmulla, park in reverse work?
-----

Actually, I never tried it. I'll give it a shot and update, but it is impractical for me because of my charge cord location.

vmulla | 23. Juli 2019

thedrisin | July 23, 2019
Any parking spot I would need Summons for is surely asking for dings. I generally park as far away as needed to where there are few cars, often with other nice cars/trucks. Haven't had to park close to anyone yet, even if I have to park across the street or such.
----
Not always, you have special cases. https://photos.app.goo.gl/UI3VcFGociATAulZ2

@vmulla. Nice space. This particular situation is not parking next to adjacent vehicles that may result in dings. The posters here are talking about shoehorning into a space in a busy parking lot. So far, I have not had any dings, but I don't mind walking.

@vmulla. How does Summon help get into that space?

leo33 | 23. Juli 2019

@vmulla I see how it will turn into the space to avoid the wall as you put it into the space, but backing out how you insure drivers door gets enough room so you can open it to get in?

Tesla-David | 23. Juli 2019

Same thing happened to me by a Mercedes that parked so close to my MS I couldn't get in the car. Summons worked perfectly to back the car out. Left a nice note on the Mercedes. I am sure it was deliberate on the Mercedes owner's part.

vmulla | 23. Juli 2019

@thedrisin, @leo33,
That photo doesn't really show the full context. There is a wider area that I can position the car, open the door, get out and then send it into that made-for-tesla spot.
Much like yourself, I am very careful about the dings on the Tesla, and would rather walk a long way than squeeze the car into a situation that might result in dings.
I have not used Sentry mode yet, and do not know if it beeps the car if another car comes too close to it. I hope it does, many times despite our best efforts other folks risk parking/pulling out too close to the car. Our car would do well if it gives a warning bink and beep - maybe it already does, someone tell me. Thanks.

vmulla | 23. Juli 2019

@thedrisin, @leo33,
That photo doesn't really show the full context. There is a wider area that I can position the car, open the door, get out and then send it into that made-for-tesla spot.
Much like yourself, I am very careful about the dings on the Tesla, and would rather walk a long way than squeeze the car into a situation that might result in dings.
I have not used Sentry mode yet, and do not know if it beeps the car if another car comes too close to it. I hope it does, many times despite our best efforts other folks risk parking/pulling out too close to the car. Our car would do well if it gives a warning bink and beep - maybe it already does, someone tell me. Thanks.

kevin_rf | 23. Juli 2019

@vmulla, just looking at your picture and thinking, that space is two spots deep, surprised no one has parked behind you ;-)

@vmulla. Is this a recent photo? Plate decal is almost 2 yrs old.

lbanworth | 23. Juli 2019

@vmulla When my M3 is in Sentry Mode and sees any movement around the car or hears noises it flashes the headlights and taillights real quick. Its pretty effective because most people kinda get spooked by it so they move away faster. My monitor also turns on with a warning to a would-be thief when it senses movement. My neighbor arrives home from work long after I've fallen asleep for the evening. He tells me every evening my M3 greets him with l flashing lights and a stern warning on the screen. His driveway is beside mine and he has to drive in front of my M3 in order to park in his driveway. Because of this, Sentry Mode is activated immediately.

vmulla | 23. Juli 2019

@thedrisin,
That's my now deceased Model S. Someone crashed into my front end while my car was waiting at a traffic stop.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/F6fNGr9vN7fzram17

Happy spin - I never thought I could love another car as much as my S, the 3 is proving me wrong :)