Forums

Blackvue Dashcam DR900

Blackvue Dashcam DR900

I just installed Blackvue Dashcam 900 in my Model X.It went very well and I put both front and back cameras with all the wires hidden.Now I have a question about how to setup for free ICloud service by Blackvue.
Free Plan No Subscription Fee 5GB storage Live View /day 10 minutes Remote Video Playback and Download / Month 100 times.
Paid Plans are Basic,Smart,Fleet Plan.

TeslaTap.com | 18. August 2019

Do you mean the BlackVue DR900? I'm not aware of any 990 models.

To get the Cloud service, see the manual page 67 "Cloud settings" and page 87 "About the Cloud Service". Once set up I've found it works quite well.

Sandman89 | 18. August 2019

Sorry,Yes DR900. Do I have to have in car Wifi to use cloud service remotely.

TeslaTap.com | 18. August 2019

@Sandman89 - It doesn't use in-car WiFi, but it can be set up to auto-connect to your home's WiFi and upload the day's video to the cloud when you get home. That's how I have mine set up.

P.S. you can edit your first title/post. Just click on the Edit link near the top-left. Might help others to change 990 to 900.

Sandman89 | 19. August 2019

When I am trying to see clips in Blackvue viewer on laptop,it say camera is in use and or can not start this function.What I am not doing right.All the microsd card files are showing but I am not able to vie them.

Unable to view them,

Another issue I am having is using Samsung pro endurance 128 card.When I put it in BlackVue keep on saying check SF card meaning it is not accepting it.Do I have to do anything else before using Samsung card.I have read people they are using it with no problems.

TeslaTap.com | 20. August 2019

@Sandman89 - Are you pulling the card from the BlackVue to view on your laptop?

I happen to use an identical card. No problems. Sounds like the card may be defective? You can try to format it in the BlackVue. With the car inserted in the DR900, hold the button next to the car for 10 seconds to start the process.

Sandman89 | 20. August 2019

Actually I formatted the Samsung Micro SD Card with disc utility manager in my Macpro and it worked fine after that.I also now able to connect to cloud.

Sandman89 | 23. August 2019

A question I have is that Model X has internet connectivity and one can browse.Can that be used for Blackvue Dashcam as hotspot,

TeslaTap.com | 23. August 2019

Can't say I've tried it, but I'm very doubtful it will work. It would mean that Tesla would be paying for significant bandwidth of your dashcam videos being uploaded to the cloud. Currently, the video is not supported in the browser, so you can't view the dashcam videos stored in the cloud in the car's web browser.

lysae29 | 24. August 2019

Free Plan No Subscription Fee 5GB storage Live View /day 10 minutes Remote Video Playback and Download / Month 100 times.

TeslaTap.com | 24. August 2019

@lysae29 - What are you talking about? Makes no sense.

vincentvasquez | 24. August 2019

clouds alright but honestly it blows... bc they want you to pay for more time.

instead I just connect to the cam's wifi and then use the wifi option in the app. this doesn't have a time out.

Sandman89 | 30. August 2019

I think what Lysea29 saying is free plan with Blackvue 900 but you need to have the Hotspot or Wifi connection available.

Sandman89 | 03. September 2019

I have noted that recording in Parking mode occurs at fast forward pace.How do I correct that.

TeslaTap.com | 03. September 2019

You have two options in the settings for parking mode - time-lapse (which it sounds like it's in) and motion detect. I've had some occasions where motion detect did not capture something important, and I now use time-lapse, which takes one image every second. You can play with it - perhaps a more sensitive motion detect - but then slightly moving trees and other minor changes end up being recorded.